Job Title: Asst Manager Construction
Reports to: Construction Manager
Supervises – Site Supervisors (and Artisans where necessary).
Overall Responsibility: Assist the Construction Manager in general supervision, coordination, and monitoring of Supervisors.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervise and coordinate the work of Site Supervisors.
- Monitor the day to day performance of Site Supervisors and make recommendations on appropriate corrective measures to the Construction Manager.
- Conduct routine checks on the quality of work executed by artisans and subcontractors.
- Assist in the training of Site Supervisors.
- Prepare requisition and allocation of construction materials such as cement, blocks, iron rods, tiles, paint, joinery, etc. Coordinate with the store’s department for safe delivery and utilization on site.
- Ascertain quantities of construction materials used in the execution of works.
- Ensure efficient use of materials issued to contractors, subcontractors, and artisans.
- Assist in the undertaking of final inspection and handing over of completed units in accordance with the handing over the procedure.
- Assist the Construction Manager in organizing the supervision of the works with proper allocation and responsibilities to the individual site supervisors and supervising their work/activities to ensure effective execution and coordination.
- Ensure that all optional features requested by Home Owners/Clients are properly carried out.
- Certify works properly executed by contractors, subcontractors, or artisans for payment.
- Provide guidance on construction technology, materials application to the supervisory team.
- Liaise with stores to ensure that the materials requested are supplied on time.
- Check the contractor’s setting out and supervising the construction and quality control measures in respect of works.
- Assist in preparing and maintaining inspection reports and records to adequately document the progress and performance of works.
- Supervise and ensure that quality control measures for the works are complied with.
- Coordinate and outline the workforce optimally by distributing responsibility to supervisors.
- Coordinate the repairs and maintenance of construction office equipment and site facilities.
- MSc – Architecture or Construction ManagementMinimum of 3 years of hands-on field experience in the supervision of building works at a construction site.
- Must be a good user of AutoCAD, MS Project, and MS Excel/Word, and must be able to read and understand all types of building design, engineering, and construction drawings.
- Experience in the Real Estate Industry is a Plus.
- Experience in the preparation and review of the construction bill of quantities (BOQ) is a Plus.
- Must be computer literate, and proficient with Microsoft Office
- The candidate must be skilled in problem-solving and analysis; understand and use statistical process control tools to solve problems.
- Good interpersonal relationship
- Able to work within a team and alone.
The Successful applicant must be willing to travel and stay outside Accra for project assignments of six months duration or more.
DEADLINE: Wednesday, 15th July 2020 at 5 pm.
CONDITIONS: Only qualified candidates should apply.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- must be ready and willing to be interviewed immediately and start work within two weeks from the interview date.
How To Apply
Email CV, Application Letter & Relevant Documents with Two References:
PLEASE NOTE: Indicate “Assistant Manager – Construction” as the subject of the email.