DHL Global Forwarding, Freight (DGFF) is the Group’s air, ocean and road freight specialist, we offer standardized transport as well as highly specialized end-to-end solutions to customers in a wide range of industries globally.
Currently we are looking for an ambitious and energetic Head of Road Freight Saloodo! in – DGF Ghana to oversee the operations for Saloodo! & Road Freight.
If this sounds like something you would like to do, please read on.
Job Title: Head of Road Freight
Your task will be:
- Take full ownership of and drive all our road freight activities in Ghana leveraging our unique digital Saloodo! Platform.
- Develop plans to grow the road freight business in Ghana in a profitable manner and constantly monitor progress.
- Oversee, develop and manage all road freight operations.
- Identifying new opportunities to grow and expand the customer base, actively engage with customers to develop our business.
- Ensures that Saloodo! Provides consistent customer experience to carrier & shippers – considering local requirements as needed.
- Actively manage key stakeholders on various levels – Country Management, regional management, own team, shippers & carriers to drive the success of the Saloodo! Platform.
- Manage country teams who perform day to day responsibilities such as customer service, incident management or carrier review meetings.
- Analyze daily, weekly and monthly development of key KPIs.
- Establish regular carrier meetings and ensures that these are conducted for all key carriers.
- Ensure compliance with company/ local statutory obligations and legislation related to safety, health, security environment & quality.
Your profile should look like:
- At least 7 years of operational Road freight experience.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent.
- Management & leadership experience, ability to manage in matrix setup.
- Interest in digital solutions.
- Entrepreneurial mind-set.
- Open minded, willing & able to lean and try out new things.
- Excellent communication skills, able to engage with all levels of an organization.
- Ideally English, French & Arabic language skills.
- Good Knowledge of Road Freight market in Ghana.
- Strong change management skills.
- Ability to analyze and improve business processes.
- Project leadership and project management skills.
- International and strong brand support with clear processes
- Flexible working hours with possibility of occasionally working from home upon agreement
- Possible further career development supported global internal training plan
- International company environment