The Diocesan Health Service (DHS) of the Catholic Diocese of Koforidua within the National Catholic Health Service (NCHS) and the Christian Health Association of Ghana (CHAG) networks wishes to announce the following vacancy as scheduled below:
Job Title: Head Of Accounts/Finance (2)
- Supervises hospital accounts in accordance with relevant laws, standards and organisational policies
- Devises means of increasing revenue while decreasing financial losses to the hospital
- Verifies procurement invoices and processes payment requests from suppliers
- Supervises banking activities and ensures timely and accurate preparation of bank reconciliation statements
- Ensures timely and accurate preparation of pay roll
- Prepares and ensures timely submission of financial reports to relevant bodies
- Coordinates and ensures timely preparation of budgets and budget monitoring reports to relevant bodies
- Maintains sound and robust internal control systems etc
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE: National Catholic Health Service Conditions of Service
Required Skills or Experience
- A minimum of good bachelor’s degree in accounting acquired from an internationally recognized institution or equivalent qualifications with ICAG (Part III) or ACCA (Part II).
- A master’s degree in accounting from a recognized institution is an advantage.
- The applicant must also have practical knowledge of using computer-based accounting systems.
- Preferably at least Eight (8) years of practicing as an accountant in a mission or public sector hospital. Applicants with experience in the National Catholic Health Service (NCHS) are encouraged to apply.
Other Requirements for Position
- Applicants should preferably, but not compulsorily, be mechanized onto the Controller and Accountant General’s Department payroll of the Government of Ghana.
- He or she should be hardworking, team-spirited, results oriented and of integrity.
How to Apply
All applications in response to this advertisement should be accompanied with most recent curriculum vitae and sent to the address below by Friday December 16, 2016:
Diocesan Health Service
Catholic Diocese of Koforidua
P. O. Box KF1750
OR Email: [email protected]