DKT International Inc. is a non-profit organization whose core mission is the provision of safe and affordable options for family planning and HIV/AIDS prevention. DKT operates 24 programs in 25 countries worldwide.
Job Title: Intern – Logistics Officer
Primarily an administrative position, the Logistics Officer is ensures the smooth functioning of all Logistics operational activities under the supervision of the Logistics Manager.
- Oversee the receiving and dispatching of commodities
- Track inventory of all supplies and maintain notes of any damaged commodities by tallying imports, taking physical counts of the goods and preparing detailed documentation;
- Follow proper documentation and safety procedures of all warehouse functions;
- Supervise and oversee the organizing, stacking and storage of commodities by warehouse loaders and cleaners;
- Coordinate with transporters and suppliers for the dispatch of commodities to all regional warehouses
- Receiving incoming commodities from the freight forwarders into the Central warehouse.
- Ensuring safe and secured housekeeping and maintaining accurate records of inventory.
- Determine and maintain the appropriate storage conditions at Central Warehouse in accordance with GFDA and Pharmacovigilance requirement as well as WHO warehousing policies
- Maintaining proper stacking of inventory commodities in accordance to Conducting and reconciliation of weekly stock Checks to physical stock balances and reporting any variance to the Logistics Manager.
- Timely report on commodity distribution as well as commodity expiry status by close of every month.
- Recording of batch number identification on all stock transactional documents
- Maintaining adequate paper trail of all warehouse records.
- Assisting Finance team in regular inventory audit.
- Planning scheduled service delivery timetables to all Territory Managers.
- Monitoring stock levels at all regional warehouses.
- Perform all duties assigned by the Logistics Manager.
Required Skills or Experience
- Diploma or related qualification in supply chain, warehouse management and inventory;
- Should have excellent organizational skills;
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to efficiently manage time and meet deadlines;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Experience working with NGOs preferred, but not required;
How to Apply
- Interested persons should send their application and CVs to [email protected]
- Please indicate your region of preference in your email heading.