Posted on :
29 Oct, 2013
29 Oct, 2013
Job Title: Community Representative
Directly reports to: Marketing Coordinator
• Directly educate Community groups about contraception with a focus on DKT’s brands.
• Assist Women/Men interested in DKT’s brand of contraceptives to gain access to them by managing referrals to trained providers and selling contraceptive products to them.
• Recruit and work with a team of Peer educators to sell short term contraceptives directly to interested Women/Men in their territories and collect data related to usage and acceptance patterns of the various types of contraceptives.
• Enroll interested Youth in an SMS /Voice message system to receive reproductive health information
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
Directly educate women about contraception with a focus on DKT’s Brands
• Meet with Women, Youth & Men Groups in various venues and educate them on the various types of contraception and their advantages and also address appropriately any misconceptions about contraception.
• Discuss the misconceptions related to the various types of contraceptives and address them satisfactorily.
• Promote DKT’s brand of contraceptives to various Women/Men groups to drive up acceptance and trial of the brands/products
Assist Women interested in DKT’s brand of contraceptives to gain access to them by managing referrals to trained providers.
• Refer Women interested in clinical contraceptives to nearest trained provider sites
• Follow up on all referrals to ensure that the Women actually keep their referral appointments and service providers are informed of referrals to expect.
• Follow up on Women who accept shorter term contraceptives to ensure that they keep their appointments when they are due for another administration.
• Work with Sales Coordinators to ensure that providers are always stocked with required quantities of products.
Recruit and work with a team of Peer Educators to sell short term contraceptives directly to interested Women/Men in their territories and collect data related to usage and acceptance patterns of the various types of contraceptives.
• Recruit with the help of Marketing Coordinator, plan training and work with a team of Peer Educators to do door to door education of Women/Men groups on DKT contraceptive products and sell the products to them.
• Compile data on referrals made per month
• Compile data on acceptance of contraceptives per month
• Report on women reached (Demographics)
Enroll interested Youth in an SMS /Voice message system to receive reproductive health information
• Actively collect contact data from community members within specified target groups to receive RH information through SMS
• Put the data together and submit to marketing Coordinator.
• Perform other duties as may be assigned by Marketing Coordinator periodically.
• Ensure confidentiality in the handling of all business related issues.
Qualification Required & Experience
• HND in Marketing or a Diploma in any Science related Course.
• Minimum of 1 year Experience in Marketing /Sales.
• Experience in sales/Marketing of Pharmaceuticals will be an advantage
• Experience in an International company may be an added advantage
• Must be based in any of the 10 Regional Capitals in Ghana.
Skills and abilities
• Good negotiations and interpersonal skills
• Good Communication skills
• Excellent selling skills
• Effective time management
• Organizational skills
• Excellent writing and oral communication skills
• Fluent in English
• Computer literate
• Self driven
Location: Nationwide Recruitment
How To Apply For The Job
Send a CV to:-
Closing Date: 25 November, 2013
The subject of the email should be Community Representative