At DreamOval, product engineering is not only about scientific laws or long theories. It is mostly about the passion to solve problems. This is the basic ingredient we require in all our engineers. Why passion? It’s what keeps us going through very difficult problems and systems. Thus, our singular motivation is the passion to see life simpler for the average person.
This is evident in how we engineer all our projects. From carefully crafted user interfaces and interactions to features that make sense. It is not surprising that today most major banks in Ghana have contracted us to uplift their online interaction (internet banking /websites).
Our hope for you is that you’ll be positioned as vel primus, vel cum primis (either the best or among the best) in engineering in the world.
Job Title: Technical Support Engineer (Associate)
- Maintain a schedule for all technical maintenance activities required for all services.
- Execute maintenance activities on all services within time and with no or minimal disruption to services.
- Maintain a log of all technical support tickets from customers.
- Resolve all technical issues reported by customers within stipulated SLAs and better as well as make necessary entries into the knowledge base and training.
- Monitor all running applications and associated infrastructure to ensure that they are promptly attended to in line with SLAs.
- Manage all monitoring issue resolutions ensuring that necessary knowledge base and training entries are made when necessary.
- Report on the health of services to department and BUILD team regularly to ensure knowledge of pitfalls in production services influences ongoing development.
- Provide technical support for the onboarding of new customers unto platforms via back office and/or APIs (Inbound).
- Provide quality assurance for outbound API integrations.
- Ensure that all services deployed to production have passed Operational Acceptance Testing.
- Provide root cause analysis on incidents and manage the execution of preventive actions associated.
- Provide support for systems audits and related reports required by external auditors and regulatory agencies.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent Technical writing skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Good project management skills.
- Great interpersonal skills.
- BSc. in Computer Science or a related field like Electrical Engineering or similar. MSc. in Computer Science or a related field is a plus.
- 2+ years experience working in IT operations like systems administration, network administration, NOC and related areas.
- 2+ years experience deploying applications to cloud and/or on-premise environments.
- 2+ years experience working with AWS technologies, Linux, Scripting, Data extraction technologies and programming.
- Working understanding of French is a plus.