DML is a market leader in dredging and has a sizable presence in Marine and Civil Construction. Dredging services cover urban dredging and environmental dredging, dredging of dams, rivers and lagoons, maintenance dredging of ports and harbors.
Marine construction activities involve beach nourishments, coastal defense and other coastal protection measures.
The company is also active in urban drainage and drain construction.
Dredge Masters Limited (DML) is an ISO certified company with certification in Quality ISO 9001:2015, Occupational Health and Safety ISO 45001:2018 and Environmental Management System ISO 14001:2015 standards.
DML is known for quality and high operational excellence and adheres to sustainable development goals (SDG’s)
DML is seeking to fill the position of:
JOB TITLE: Stakeholder and Community Liaison Officer
Posted on: July 19, 2021
Closing Date: August 6, 2021
To be responsible for developing relationships with a range of community groups, agencies and service providers, delivering information sessions, attending relevant community events, undertaking stakeholder consultations and promoting referrals and pathways into services in dredging. Marine construction, sea defense and coastal engineering communities.
REPORT TO: Managing Director
- Maintain thorough knowledge of the business, as well as an understanding of how that impacts the other entities of contact
- Monitor, coordinate, and communicate the strategic objectives of the business
- Collaborate and communicate successfully with other entities outside of the business
- Work with other staff members to develop a greater understanding of the business and any issues that arise
- Develop and foster relationships with the community, stakeholders, and other entities
- Collect, analyze, and utilize data and feedback to identify opportunities to improve the relationship between the business and the other entity
- Compile reports about particular incidents, events, or updates about an important issue for the business
- Proactively solve conflicts and address issues that could occur between the business and the other entity
- Promptly respond to incidents and other events as necessary
- Act as a positive representation of the business to the community
- Leading communitydevelopment activities, such as ‘fun days’, apprenticeships, work experience schemes, lectures, and so on.
- Building a ‘community spirit’ around a project.
- Ensure planning obligations are met.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 10 years of experience as Stakeholder and community liaison urban dredging or construction.
- Experience as a stakeholder liaison in a dredging, marine construction, sea defense, dam dredging etc communities will be an added advantage.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Customer-oriented attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to establish and nurture beneficial business relationships
- Self-motivated with a willingness to take initiative and solve complex problems
- Capability to negotiate with and influence others
- Analytically and mathematically minded to analyze data and create necessary reports
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and sometimes high-pressure environment
How To Apply
Interested applicants may submit application and curriculum vitae to the under listed email address on or before 30th July, 2021.
To: [email protected]
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.