In an economic sense, an investment is the purchase of goods that are not consumed today but are used in the future to create wealth. In finance, an investment is a monetary asset purchased with the idea that the asset will provide income in the future or will later be sold at a higher price for a profit.
Job Title: Investment Analyst
- Manage investments – blended fund offering debt, subordinated debt and equity investments.
- Create direct investments through FI’s for smaller SME’s
- Raise funds with different risk layers.
- Develop pipeline sourcing mechanism with investment process, including third parties.
- Initiate investments in agri-SME’s, producer organizations, manufacturing, and related agriculture value chains.
- Develop direct investment of $3M minimum threshold in SSA.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, finance, computer science or business.
- CFA, CAPM, PMP, M.Sc Finance, MBA preferred .
- Knowledge of risk and mitigation strategies, financial/portfolio and currency hedging.
- Knowledge of project management system is preferred but not required.