Posted on :
20 Apr, 2022
20 Apr, 2022
Job Title: Director, Human Resources
• To provide leadership and technical direction for effective and efficient management of human resources for the achievement of the mandate of the Authority
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide inputs for the development of human resource policies, procedures, and Strong knowledge in Public Service, regulations, guidelines, and procedures on strategies for the achievement of the mandate of the Authority
• Ensure the development and maintenance of Human Resource Management Strong ethical leadership skills information Systems for the Authority
• Oversee the implementation of human resource functions including recruitment, compensation, postings discipline, welfare, career development, and succession planning of the Authority
• Oversee the effective and efficient implementation of the performance management policy of the Authority
• Coordinate capacity building initiatives, including the conduct of training, needs assessment and implementation in the Authority and for service providers
• Recommend and coordinate organizational restructuring and management reviews.
• Ensure the promotion of industrial harmony within the Authority
• Ensure the management of welfare issues of staff as required by the conditions of service
• Ensure the compilation of annual and other periodic reports for the Department.
• Appraise the performance of the subordinate staff of the Department.
• Ensure the compilation of inputs of the Department for the preparation of the annual budget of the Authority.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of a Master’s Degree in Business Administration (Human Resource Option or other related disciplines from accredited tertiary institutions
• A minimum of ten (10) years post qualification relevant work experience, five (5) years of which must be in a senior management position in a reputable organization
• Professional Certificate in Human Resource (SHRM CIPD. CIHRMP etc)
Skills and Competencies
• Strong knowledge of employment laws & regulations
• Strong knowledge of Public Service, regulations, guidelines, and procedures on human resource management.
• Strong ethical leadership skills
• Strong change management and organizational development skills
• Strategic planning, research, and analytical skills
• Lobbying negotiation and conflict resolution skills
How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and CV by email to the address provided below:
Manager, Resourcing, Learning & Development
DVLA – Head Office
1Jawaharlal Nehru Road