The ideal candidate will lead initiatives to generate and engage with business partners to build new business for the company. This candidate will be focused and have strong communication skills. They should be able to think critically when making plans and have a demonstrated ability to execute a particular strategy.
Job Title: Business Development Manager
- Identify partnership opportunities
- Develop new relationships in an effort to grow business and help the company expand
- Maintain existing business
- Think critically when planning to assure project success
- Planning and overseeing new market initiatives.
- Researching organizations and individuals to find new opportunities.
- Identifying and mapping business strengths.
- Increasing the value of current members and partners while attracting new ones.
- Contacting potential members and partners to establish rapport and arrange meetings.
- Finding and developing new markets and improving revenue.
- Following industry trends locally and internationally.
- Writing proposals for project funding and sponsorships.
- Drafting and reviewing project contracts.
- Negotiating with stakeholders.
- Training personnel and helping team members develop their skills.
- Reporting on successes and areas needing improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3 – 4 years’ prior industry-related business development experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven knowledge and execution of successful development strategies
- Focused and goal-oriented