Posted on :
2 Jul, 2014
2 Jul, 2014
The Phase II project based at ISSER, Accra and funded by the African Capacity Building Foundation (ACBF) requires the services of an Office Support Assistant. The Project is a Country Level Knowledge Network (CLK-NET) that would serve as a community for the purpose of fostering stakeholder participation and collectively generate, scan, share and promote the effective utilization of information and knowledge in development management process in Ghana. The project is looking to recruit an Office Support Assistant who will:
• Provide administrative support to the Project Coordinator and Project Officer ;
• Assist in clerical and administrative running of the Project Office ;
• Assist the team in the performance of their duties ;
• Organize workshops in the various twelve thematic areas in consultation with the EGN Subject Matter Specialist (SMS); and
• Any other related assignment that may be determined by the Project Coordinator.
Location: Institute of Statistical, Social and Economic Research (ISSER), University of Ghana, Legon
(ISSER is 3 policy research institute based within the Faculty of Social Sciences at the University of Ghana (UG).
Duration of Contract: 9 months
Desired Experience and Skills:
• The applicant should have a good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
• He/she should be able to manage Databases and use the Web for interactive purposes;
• He/she should be a team player and have analytical and problem solving skills; and
• The applicant should have good and effective communication (verbal, written, and listening) skills and should be able to work under pressure to meet important deadlines,
Qualification Required & Experience
• Applicant must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree m Social Sciences from a recognized University. A higher degree in Social Sciences and or Development Studies will be an advantage.
How To Apply For The Job
If this role sounds exciting to you, kindly send a cover letter, your CV and scanned copies of relevant certificates electronically to the EGN Coordinator’s Office, ISSER; [email protected] / +233-28-9670908 and the Administrative Secretary at ISSER on [email protected] Applications will only be accepted by email and should be received on
Closing Date: 04 July, 2014