Posted on :
23 Aug, 2019
23 Aug, 2019
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced citizens of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) member states to fill the following vacant position at the Headquarters of the ECOWAS Regional Electricity Regulatory Authority (ERERA) in Accra.
Job Title: Junior Economist Expert
Monthly Salary: USD 6,500
Duration: 1 year renewable
Under the supervision of the Senior Economist Expert, he/she will give assistance in the management of economics and tariffs matters relating, among others, to:
• Formulate, propose, review and apply the regional tariff methodology and pricing model for the regional electricity market.
• Planning and support to the Senior Economist in the definition of the regional energy policy and harmonization of national policies on Electricity Regulation.
• Technical, economic and financial data collection and analysis to ensure accuracy and consistency and to develop and maintain up-to-date statistical databases covering ERERA activities.
• Supervise and ensure effective dissemination of statistics and offer guidance on their analysis and interpretation.
• Follow-up and analysis of the financial standing of operators, valuation and follow-up of the assets and the separation of accounting for the activities of operators.
• Participate in Benchmarking and economic forecasting.
• Participate in Benchmarking of economic and financial performances of the operators at the regional level with a periodic update.
• Proposals for Improvement of the regulatory tools in the Member States (support for the development of economic regulatory models and methodology, and support in mediations activities).
• Assist in negotiations of cooperation agreements with authorities in charge of the competition.
• Any other duty as may be assigned by the hierarchy.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of a degree in Economics, Finance, or any related field.
• Five (05) years professional experience with a minimum of three (3) years in the energy sector and two (2) years in economic regulation.
• Possession of a higher degree would reduce the required minimum professional experience to three (3) years with a minimum of two (2) years in the energy sector and in economic regulation of utilities.
• Experience in Regional or International organizations would be an advantage
• Ability to present sensitive issues/positions and prepare reports at short notice
• Ability to work independently with a high degree of responsibility, and with minimal supervision
• Experience in Regional or International organizations would be an advantage.
• Good team player and performance-oriented, capability to work in a multicultural team.
• Should be computer literate and have good interpersonal relations skills.
• Excellent communication skills (spoken, written and presentational) and interpersonal skills (team player).
• The applicant should be less than 50 years old at the time of recruitment.
• Must be fluent in one of the official languages of ECOWAS Commission, English, French, and Portuguese. Working knowledge of any of the other ECOWAS language would be an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants should send an electronic copy of their letter of motivation and curriculum vitae to the following email address: [email protected] In line with their desire to speed up and improve the recruitment process, ERERA will only accept online applications.
Closing Date: 30 August 2019