Elidel Prestige Ltd (EPL) an oil and gas recruitment and manpower management company is recruiting the following positions on behalf of its client, Aker Energy, a member of the Aker Group and the operating company of the Deepwater Tano Cape Three Points block (“DWT/CTP”) in Ghana. Aker Energy aims to become the offshore oil and gas operator of choice in Ghana. Aker Energy is committed to delivering training and industrial development by contributing with several direct and indirect job opportunities in Ghana through its operations, as well as the know-how and experience successfully developed in the Norwegian petroleum industry over the last 30 years.
Job Title: Communications Advisor
The Communications Advisor will develop and execute an effective communications strategy to build a positive image for the company in Ghana. The Role reports to Government Affairs/External Relations Manager
- Drive the stakeholder and communication strategy and plans that deliver clear value for the company to promote the reputation of the company among stakeholders
- Advise leadership of the company on positions to take amongst several competing messaging by analyzing different information sources
- Assist with the preparation of presentation by leadership to various audiences.
- Develop and continuously review company’s communication policy document to be used in Ghana.
- With the external affairs and communications departments, ensure there are no negative impacts on the company, manage proactive media relations and news management strategy in Ghana, including media monitoring, the delivery of events, press conferences, interviews and briefings as appropriate, as well as generating news stories
- Support engagement with national and international media to ensure clear communication and understanding of the company’s operations in Ghana
- Build and maintain relationships with media nationally and in the Western Region
- Provide ongoing orientation for the media on the company’s operations to ensure appropriate reportage
- Conduct periodic training for the in-country staff and contractors on media engagements
- Coach staff who deal with the media to have appropriate knowledge on how to interact with the media
Branding and Public Relations
- Liaise closely with the company’s communications department to ensure that all external communications build brand awareness and meet business objectives of the company
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders including government entities, traditional leaders, communities, industry associations among others to ensure that the company’s activities achieve the desired results
- Promote and ensure visibility of the company through designing and executing a robust brand strategy
- Support the External Relations Manager to build and pursue a stakeholder management programme in support of the business needs of the company
- Coach and ensure that staff who deal with government agencies have appropriate knowledge on how to interact with the government
- Design, develop and drive a communication plan relating to the company’s social investment programme in Ghana
- Provides proactive communications support and assistance for social investment activities
- Monitor, evaluate and report on the company’s social investment programmes as well as reputation among key community stakeholders.
- Develop learning tools to capture lessons from the social investment programmes including providing regular updates and stories for the website and other publications.
- Support to manage and drive the company’s issues management strategies. Advise management on implementation of proactive response plans to emerging issues with a view to help preserve, maintain and enhance the company’s reputation with key external stakeholders.
- Monitor and analyze the internal and external environments to identify, develop and advise on appropriate strategies to manage issues and their potential impact on the company’s activities.
- Advise management on communication strategies with a view to help preserve, and enhance the company’s reputation amongst internal and external stakeholders
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in journalism, communications or related field.
- At least 5 years’ experience in communications, media relations and/or public affairs for a major multinational or national organization
- Clear understanding of key stakeholder groups in the oil and gas industry and how these groups interface with related issues
- Proven media relations skills and relationships with top-tier media; experience as a corporate spokesperson
- Proven networking and influencing skills; Possess excellent communications and presentation skills
- Strong media contact base; High level of diplomacy, tact and perceptiveness
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft suite
- Ability to project a confident image to executives, peers, and business associates
How to Apply
Qualified professionals should send their CVs to [email protected]
Closing Date : 28th Feb. 2019