The Economic Section of the Embassy of Switzerland is responsible for managing Switzerland’s economic development cooperation Programme with Ghana.
Job Title: Programme and Trade Officer
Switzerland’s development cooperation with Ghana focuses on:
- Economic and financial policy
- Urban infrastructure and utilities
- Private sector and entrepreneurship
- Sustainable trade
In addition, the Economic Section is also responsible for the Swiss business interests and the Swiss business community in Ghana.
The Embassy is now seeking a qualified Programme and Trade Officer as Trade/Private Sector Development Specialist to join its Economic Section.
- Manage Switzerland’s portfolio and identify new activities with regard to private sector development, skills development, trade standards and value chain development.
- Take care of Swiss business interests and the Swiss business community in Ghana together with the Head of Cooperation/Economic Counsellor of the Embassy.
- Develop and maintain close contacts with government officials, private sector stakeholders, development partners and implementing agencies.
- Provide analysis on the aforementioned issues and contribute to policy dialogue, in particular the relevant sector working groups.
- Master’s degree in Economics, Business, Law or a related field.
- Minimum of 4 years working experience in the private or financial sector.
- Proven experience with development cooperation work.
- Excellent knowledge of Ghana’s economic, political and social context.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills in English.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to synthesize. Ability to multitask in a busy environment and willingness to efficiently handle a substantial workload and to assume tasks outside the core sphere of responsibilities.Ability to negotiate with and persuade varying categories of stakeholders.
- Organised, proactive, ability to work autonomously, perseverance.
- Ability to work in a team, networking skills.
THE SWISS EMBASSY OFFERS
- Attractive working environment
- Remuneration commensurate to qualifications and experience
- Health insurance and pension fund scheme
How to Apply
Full applications require application letter, CV, testimonials for all previous jobs. An applications should be sent to
with the subject “Application-Trade/Private Sector Specialist” or to the address below.
The Economic Section Embassy of Switzerland Kanda Highway/Ridge Street. P. O. Box 359 GPO Accra
Deadline for applications is November 12, 2019.
Expected starting date is February 1, 2020 or as agreed between the parties