Posted on :
9 Jul, 2018
9 Jul, 2018
The Emirates Group is a highly profitable business with revenue of US$21.1 billion and over 50,000 employees. The Group comprises of dnata, one of the largest air services provider globally and Emirates airline, the Group’s rapidly expanding and award-winning international carrier. Within the Group there are a diverse range of businesses which offer a wide spectrum of career opportunities, all of which can be explored through the Group’s dedicated careers website, emirates.com/careers. Emirates flies one of the youngest, most innovative fleet in the sky to over 130 destinations across six continents and dnata’s network now extends across 100 locations worldwide. With our international network constantly expanding and opportunities arising in countries/cities outside of Dubai, we are looking for career motivated individuals to join our operations in their home countries. We offer our employee’s competitive remuneration packages, attractive travel benefits, and career development supported by multi-million dollar training facilities in Dubai, and e-Learning programmes for those seeking a long-term future in the Company
Job Title: Senior Cargo Assistant
Plan cargo loads on the assigned aircraft to achieve optimum utilisation of capacity.
• Monitor handling agent functions to ensure cargo is loaded as specified on the load plan, maintaining Emirates high safety and service standards during all handling functions.
• Monitor reservations, AWB and handling data in the SkyChain cargo system to ensure special handling and destination requirements are met.
• Action and respond to customer queries from both internal and external parties in an accurate and timely manner, with maximum priority towards resolving any service irregularities.
• Rate and verify shipment charges in accordance with cargo product tariff, specific contracts and deadlines.
• Perform delegated administrative, operational and promotional tasks according to specified timelines and accuracy standards.
Qualifications & Experience
• Good knowledge of airline cargo handling procedures.
• Minimum of 3 years experience working in an airline cargo division and/or air freight forwarding environment.
• Fluent in English, both verbal and written forms.
• Recognised advanced courses in air cargo handling, IATA tariff and DGR acceptance.
• Must have the right to live and work in Ghana. The company will not provide or assist with obtaining work permits.
Salary and Benefits