Posted on :
19 Apr, 2018
19 Apr, 2018
The Empowerment for Life programme (E4L) is an integrated development project being funded by Danida through the Ghana Friends NGO in Denmark. E4L is being implemented in five Districts in the Northern Region by Ghana Developing Communities Association (GDCA) and Youth Empowerment for Life (YEfL) in cooperation with the Danish partner, Ghana Friends. The E4L programme has the development objective of a strong civil society movement in Northern Ghana through the facilitation of CBO organizational capacity, technical capacity and capacity to engage and undertake advocacy for change.
The partners have obtained additional funding to undertake pilot and innovative activities with the potential for up scaling. In this regard, the programme partners desire to recruit a Project Officer for the Pilot Economic Governance Project. Project components include a. Monitoring of capital development projects, b. Monitoring of MMDA Internally Generated Funds (IGF). The pilot project is for a period of two-and-a-half years, until December 2020, and will eventually be fully integrated with the E4L programme.
Job Title: Project Officer, for Pilot Economic Governance Project
• The PO will be responsible for day-to-day coordination and implementation of project activities. He/she will be responsible for ensuring that project activities are planned in accordance with the project document and continuously monitor and evaluate the project progress and impact. Furthermore, he/she will work closely with the District Coordinators and Field Facilitators in the programme districts and participate in implementation such as organising/conducting trainings and facilitation of project activities.
• It is the responsibility of the Project Officer – in collaboration with the Technical Advisor on Policy and Governance – to ensure smooth and effective coordination with the E4L district teams and other E4L staff regarding their part in implementation and ensure that lessons are gathered and shared on all activities related to the project. Further, the Project Officer is responsible for liaising with and involving District and Local Authorities as well as other relevant stakeholders.
• Undertake planning, monitoring and reporting on project activities
• Work with District programme teams and MMDAs to identify, mobilize and build capacities of CBOs, civic groups and other stakeholders to undertake capital project monitoring
• Work with District programme teams to identify, mobilize and build capacities of CBOs, civic groups, tax payer groups and other stakeholders to undertake IGF monitoring
• Facilitate the establishment of platforms for engagement and interface between citizen groups and MMDAs
• Facilitate the advocacy between citizen groups and MMDAs on identified issues.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A Bachelors degree in a social science, development studies, or other relevant qualification from a recognized university is required, with at least three years post qualification experience in economic governance, and experience in working with decentralization, community development, knowledge in the use of social accountability tools, and facilitating social mobilisation and engagement, preferably in an NGO environment.
• A Masters degree will be preferred. Applicants must have experience in project coordination and cooperation with a different range of staff.
• Experience within communication for development, radio, and citizen journalism would be a plus.
• Applicants should be able and prepared to ride a motorcycle for long distances in rural communities to undertake their work.
Location: Northern Ghana
How to Apply
Qualified and interested applicants must obtain a soft copy of the application form from the link below: Click Here To Download Application Form
The completed application form together with a cover letter indicating the applicant’s motivation and commitment should be submitted to:email@example.com
Closing Date: 18 April, 2018 Applications received after this time will not be processed.
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Females and highly encouraged to apply. The only phone contact allowed for this advertisement is 0501-333867 during working hours between 9am and 5pm.