Posted on :
11 Feb, 2021
11 Feb, 2021
The Encyclopaedia Africana Project invites applications from suitably qualified Ghanaians to fill this vacant position at the Project Secretariat:
Job Title: Director
• The Director is responsible for the overall leadership of staff in the development and implementation of short and long-term plans and policies, assembling, editing and eventual publication of peer-reviewed articles for the Project. • The candidate will also be responsible for reporting on the activities of the Project Secretariat to national and international bodies. The candidate will be expected to have frequent engagements with the Ministry of Education, Ministry of Foreign Affairs & Regional Integration, the African Union Commission, authorities within AU Member States and African Universities in advancing the mission and strategic goals of the Project.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for the administration of overall operation of the Project including the development, implementation, and accomplishment of annual work plans; reviewing and evaluating the results of program activities, ensuring that continuing contractual obligations are being fulfilled and allocating resources for greater program effectiveness and efficiency.
• Responsible for the achievement of new strategic direction for the Project which embraces both local and continental strategic goals.
• Ensure coordination of Project’s activities in collaboration with other multi-lateral, continental, regional and national Pan African research institutions and partners.
• Liaise with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the African Union Commission to facilitate the formation of National Co-operating Committees (NCCs) in all AU Member States for fundraising and enlistment of scholars from the various research institutions and universities for scholarly contributions.
• Assist the Chairman of the Pan-African Scientific Committee and Advisory Board in setting strategic goals, and conduct negotiations regarding funding opportunities with relevant stakeholders.
• Represent the Project at all meetings, conferences or similar venues where the Project seeks to be recognized to advance its mission and strategic agenda.
• In partnership with the Board, provide leadership and direction in efforts to identify and secure donor and technical support for the Project’s programmes and initiatives.
• Responsible for collaboration with research and academic institutions in Africa and the African Diaspora for the provision of content as prescribed by the Pan African Scientific Committee.
• Responsible for logistics and support for all activities associated with the Board and Scientific Committee, including meeting schedules, locations, development of agenda, and materials for meetings.
• Perform any other functions in line with the mandate and objectives of the Project and as entrusted by the Board.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of Master’s degree in Social Science, Business, International Relations or other related fields
• A minimum of ten (10) years of continuous and combined experience in implementing a continental wide project and programme within governmental or inter-governmental agencies (post qualification experience).
• Proven track record in fund raising for scale-scale projects
• Expertise in planning, organizing including programmatic analyses, evaluation and policy development and implementation.
• Excellent skills to conceptualize, plan, develop, implement, monitor and evaluate programs.
• Clear understanding of the African landscape and a fair knowledge of operations of large continental institutions.
• Experience in the preparation of operational work-plans, operational guidelines and policies
• Demonstrable experience in supervising and leading teams and individuals, delegating tasks and authority
• Demonstrable ability to motivate people at all levels of an organisation with excellent communication, listening and judgement skills.
• Demonstrable knowledge in publishing.
• Excellent diplomatic, representational, interpersonal and communication skills including experience in interacting with senior level stakeholders and decision-makers in technical and governmental settings.
• Demonstrable computer skills knowledge and including excellent word-processing capabilities, proficiency with e-mail and internet applications, experience in using Microsoft office software programs such as MS Excel, Power Point and Word.
How To Apply For The Job
All application letters should be addressed to:
The Ag. Chairman
Standing Committee of the Editorial Board
Encyclopaedia Africana Project
P.O. Box 2797
Together with a detailed CV, Contact details of three (3) Referees should be submitted STRICTLY VIA EMAIL:
Closing Date: 16 February 2021
NOTE: Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted.