The Energy Commission’s mission is to provide leadership and collaborate with our clients the leading energy providers such as VRA, TOR, BOST, ECG, GHANA GRID COMPANY and INDEPENDENT POWER PRODUCERS (IPPs) to effectively and efficiently create an enabling environment for excellence and fair competition in energy service delivery.
The Commission is fully committed to serving effectively and efficiently the national interest in the discharge of its statutory mandates and functions. The Commission is equally committed to accepting and dealing with the challenges that Ghana must meet head-on in its quest for a truly functioning , competitive energy industry that creates affordable energy supplies, improves energy reliability, efficiency and security, and above all, protects and enhances public safety, economic well-being and environmental quality.
The Energy Commission, an energy regulator, established by an act of Parliament, ACT 541 for the regulation, management, development and utilisation of energy resources in Ghana seeks a results-oriented individual for the position of:
The person will be required to:
- Plan and implement programmes and activities within the framework of the Energy Commission Act, Act 541, 1997
- Process license applications in liaison with the appropriate officers.
- Maintain an accurate register of licenses.
- Maintain an accurate register of energy service providers in accordance with Energy Commission Act 1997, Act 541.
- Assist the Chief Inspector to monitor the compliance of power utilities of the regulatory framework for power service providers in terms of licensing, codes of practice, standard of performance rules and classification of bulk power consumers and propose recommendations.
- Liaise with PPM&E to commission research or surveys into the development and utilisation of power to promote energy efficiency as well as improve upon the technical rules of practice and standards of performance.
- Promote and ensure uniform rules of practice and standards of performance for the transmission, wholesale supply, distribution and sale of electricity.
- Coordinate the activities of the secretariat for the Electricity Technical Committee.
- Initiate for the consideration of the Commission policy options relating to the power sector.
- Masters degree in Electrical Engineering or first degree in Electrical Engineering plus a Masters degree in another engineering-related field.
- 6-8 years relevant experience in power development or operations.
- MBA will be an added advantage.
- Computer literacy and excellent knowledge and skills in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Technical expertise in the field of Electricity, Renewable Energy Technologies, Natural Gas, Energy Planning and Energy Policy.
- Good knowledge of the role of other regulators in the sector.
- A strong coordination capacity to inspire teams to complete challenging tasks.
- Be influential, confident and amiable.
- Have creative thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to produce reports without the assistance of secretaries or typists.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and drive to deliver.
- Ability to communicate at the most senior level.
Mode of Application
Qualified and interested persons should apply with curriculum vitae, three referees (two of whom must be work-related, one being his immediate supervisor) to:
The Human Resource Manager
Plot 40, Frema House
PMB Ministries Post Office
Tel: 0302- 813756/7
Fax: 0302- 813764
Email: [email protected]
Closing Date: 29th April, 2011