Posted on :
8 Mar, 2018
8 Mar, 2018
Eni’s current activities in Ghana are concentrated in the exploration and production, refining and marketing sectors.
Our presence in the country dates back to 1960 with the founding of the Ghana Oil Company Limited (GOIL), owned by the Agip Ghana Company Limited (with 855,000 shares) and Snam SpA (with 95,000 shares). Oil exploration activities also began in the country at the end of the 1960s.
On 16 December 1968, the shares belonging to Snam SpA were transferred to Hydrocarbons International Holdings in Zurich and in 1974, 100 per cent of the company was acquired by the government of Ghana. In 1970, the Ghanaian Italian Petroleum Company (GHAIP), wholly-owned by Anic SpA and Agip SpA and incorporated as an Italian limited liability company, built the Tema refinery, just 24km from the capital Accra. In 1974, the Ghanaian authorities incorporated the marketing of GHAIP in the Ghana Oil Company Ltd (GOIL).
In 1977, the government of Ghana acquired total ownership of GHAIP and in 1991, the facility was renamed the Tema Oil Refinery.
Eni returned to the country in September 2009.
Job Title: Treasury Accountant
Overall Purpose of the job
• To process the payments of all approved invoices received from accounts payable
• To prepare bank payment instructions through Electronic Banking and through Manual request
• To record all banking transactions in the financial systems (SAP)
• To prepare Bank reconciliations and cash reconciliations
• To assist in the fund management of the company
• To also assist the Treasury & Insurance related matters
Main Accountabilities and Responsibilities
• To ensure checks on and processing of payments
• To ensure that the sufficient funds are called (Cash Calls) from the JV partners and the head office for smooth runnning of the company operations
• To ensure that treasury transactions are carried out and recorded in an effective and efficient manner in accordance with the company policies and procedure
• To ensure the provision of an effective and efficient petty cash facility to meet the requirements of the company
• To prepare monthly and ad-hoc financial reports required by the management and budgeting and planning group for submission to head office
• Management of day to day activity of treasury function
• To ensure checks and clean-up of open items including assisting the Treasure Manager with open item checks and ageing analysis hence ensuring the payment of invoices within credit terms
• to also assist the Treasury and insurance manager with updates to the insurance registers and related tasks
• Internal: All departments for the acquisition of data and the elaboration and discussion of the reports
Qualification Required & Experience
• Accountant between 3-5 years of experience
• Economics & Financial background, knowledge in accounting (in particular with accounts payables and taxation)
• Also SAP knowledge would be a major plus
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit their recent CV and covering letter to: Eni Ghana Exploration & Production c/o HR Dept. Bradley Tower Building, William Tubman Road PMB KA 185, Accra, Ghana Or e-mail to: [email protected]
Closing Date: 12 March, 2018