The role as Business Development Manager would be responsible to develop the sales of Epiroc drilling consumables, Ground support and Hydraulic attachments in the West Africa region.
Business development Manager will also be responsible to grow our market share, Customer share and establish Epiroc as Market leader in the West Africa region.
Job Title: Business Development Manager, Tools & Attachments
Key Responsibilities & Expectations
- Map the market potential, customer segmentation and create the best channel set up to cover the market.
- Define and execute the strategy as per customer & region to ensure best support to our customers.
- Grow the business, Customer share and Market share to establish Epiroc as Market leader in the West Africa Region.
- Align & optimize the pricing for the region and secure consolidated profitability.
- Lead, motivate and develop your team.
- Work on Sales Targets for the Indirect Sales channels in the region and make sure the targets are shared, received and agreed by the Business Partner and follow up the target’s accomplishment regularly.
- Build up strong market intelligence and document the findings in a structured way: Active & upcoming projects / Market size & potential / Market- and/or customer- share / Market pricing / Competitive landscape. Proactively define our action plans in line with the happenings in the market.
- Enhance high level collaboration with other Epiroc divisions to maintain one face to our customers and to capitalize on synergies & consolidate business opportunities, so that all Epiroc products are given the best opportunity to succeed in the West Africa region.
- Ensure strong relationship with our customers in the region, understand the requirement and provide best value offering to our customers.
- Create agile, data driven and digital ways in our business development approach to plan and execute our strategies.
Knowledge and Skills
- University degree + 5 years experience in a similar role.
- 8 years minimum strategic sales experience in the mining environment
- MBA/Management qualifications would be advantageous.
- A proven record in accomplishment of increasing revenues and market share whilst securing profitability
- Proven ability to build strong & effective working relationships with customers and colleagues.
- Fluent in English will be preferred. French language proficiency would be an added advantage
- Solid Marketing and sales knowledge
- Strong presentation skills and ability to convince people by logical reasoning.
- Knowledge in areas related to mining and drilling applications.
- The ambition to grow yourself and your team.
- Highly customer oriented, Self-driven and pro-active.
- Excellent Communication & Interpersonal skills.
- Dynamic person structured to meet deadlines
- Able to build strong and effective working relationships with customer and colleagues
- You must be prepared to travel extensively within West Africa region
This role will report to the Regional Business Line Manager, Tools & Attachment and will be located in our Customer Center in Ghana.