Vacancies for Switch Site Technician (Power)-00040241
Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment and related services to mobile and fixed network operators globally. Over 1,000 networks in more than 175 countries utilize our network equipment and 40 percent of all mobile calls are made through our systems. We are one of the few companies worldwide that can offer end-to-end solutions for all major mobile communication standards.
The purpose of switch power technician role is to perform the following supervision roles in switch site activities: generator monitoring and inspection, ISM supervision and escalations.
- Man power rooms in the switch sites, operate the generators carry out changeover of power sources and carry out periodic inspections on the generators and electrical panels.
- Receive and record diesel supply to the switch sites
- Supervise maintenance of generators and all other power devices on sites
- Carry out direct supervision of all contractors working on power equipments during and after working hours
- Carry out and record parameters on all power equipments (every 2 hours) – UPS/Inverters, HVAC, DC Plant etc.
- Escalate any issue on power equipment to support engineers.
- Participate in a 24 x 7 x 365 callout Rota, and they have to work out of hours/out of area to support reactive and planned work requests.
Required Skills or Experience
- Technical Diploma or University degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Telecommunications, Computer Science or equivalent experience in a related discipline.
- At least 1-2 years experience in telecoms, particularly in a switch supervision and power equipment maintenance
- Have a good management background in the power industry
- Deep knowledge of customer network and infrastructure will be a key advantage
- Moderately developed business and human competencies
- Good knowledge about field operation processes and interfaces, with understanding of network implementation / integration processes.
Interested candidates for this position should apply online at www.ericsson.com/careers and search jobs by country ‘Ghana’ to be considered for this exciting role.
- Closing date for submission of applications is 3rd June 2011.
- Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Closing 5th June, 2011