As Performance Improvement Manager – IT Advisory, you’ll actively establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships. With guidance from partners, directors and senior managers, you’ll identify potential business opportunities for Ernst & Young. Drawing on your knowledge and experience, you’ll create innovative commercial insights for clients, adapt methods and practices to fit operational team and cultural needs and contribute to thought leadership.
Job Title: Performance Improvement Manager – IT Advisory
You’ll actively contribute to improving operational efficiency on IT Advisory projects and internal initiatives. In line with Ernst & Young’s commitment to quality, you’ll also consistently drive projects to completion and confirm that work is of high quality. Your role in leading teams – or parts of teams – on engagements will depend on the size of engagement. When working on engagements, you’ll report to higher levels of management, who will expect you to anticipate and identify risks, and escalate any issues as appropriate.
As an influential member of the team, you’ll help to create a positive learning culture, coach and counsel junior team members and help them to develop.
- Participate in IT Advisory Services engagements
- Help manage the financial aspects of engagements by organizing staffing, tracking fees and communicating issues to project leaders
- Participate in business development initiatives
- Build strong internal relationships within Ernst & Young Advisory Services and with other services across the organization
- Develop people through effectively supervising, coaching, and mentoring staff
- Conduct performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback for staff
- Contribute to people-related initiatives including recruiting, retaining and training IT Advisory professionals
- Maintain an educational program to continually develop personal skills of staff
- Understand and follow workplace policies and procedures
Technical skills requirements
You’ll have knowledge and experience of leading practices in the following areas:
- 7+ years’ consulting or business/industry experience in financial services (international work experience will be a plus)
- Systems Integration Experience (e.g. ERP offerings [SAP, Microsoft, Oracle, etc], CRM, etc)
- Experienced in ERP/systems implementations, either through financial services, internal audit or as part of the implementation team
- Possess IT project management experience, including leadership of teams with diverse backgrounds and skill-sets
- Functional/technical exposure to financial applications such as accounting and financial reporting systems
- Competence with application, operating system, and network security assessment
- Possess a solid understanding of Information Technology’s strategic role within an organization, including an understanding of IT-enabled processes such as procurement, financial planning & analysis, and financial reporting
- Possess a thorough understanding of corporate IT-related trends, such as digital, cloud computing, project management, ITIL, data analytics, business continuity, disaster recovery, and the current ERP offerings
- Understanding of IT Standards (e.g. ITIL, COBiT, etc)
- Ability to manage multiple priorities successfully within a deadline-driven environment
- Professional experience, preferably Big 4 or equivalent.
You’ll have knowledge and experience in one or more of Ernst & Young’s priority industry sectors:
- Government & Public Sector
- Consumer Products
- Financial Services
- Strong academic record including a bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, information systems or computer science
- CISA, CISM, CISSP, CIA, PMP or CPA certification will be an advantage
- Information systems and/or IT audit expertise
- English language skills – excellent written and verbal communication
Why should I work for Ernst & Young in IT Advisory?
The leaders of today’s organizations need to know how to maximize value from their IT investments. As one of our IT advisory professionals, you’ll work with commercial and public sector organizations to provide independent advice on how their IT operations can support their business strategy and its execution. You’ll provide insights into organizational culture and help align a client’s people, processes and technology. As part of a talented team of IT advisory professionals around the world, you’ll gain deep subject matter knowledge and valuable experience across a range of industries and global organizations. At Ernst & Young, we’re committed to helping you achieve your potential, both professionally and personally.