Esoko provides information and communication services primarily for agricultural markets in Africa. Currently, we provide advice directly to farmers to help them increase yields and profits, and solutions to companies and other organizations to help them connect with farmers.
Job Title: Sales and Marketing Manager
Responsible for developing and maintaining sales and marketing strategies that meet organizational objectives; evaluate customer research, market conditions, competitor data and implement marketing plan changes as needed. Oversee all marketing, advertising and promotional activities, including, but not limited to conceptualizing creative ideas and designs.
- Responsible for the sales and marketing of the company’s products to identified segments of the market
- Develop annual marketing plan in conjunction with the sales/business development team, which details activities to follow during the fiscal year, which will focus on meeting organisational objectives of maximizing revenue
- Delivery of all sales and marketing activity within agreed departmental budget
- To manage all aspects of print production and media engagement
- To liaise with the sales/business development team for the organisation of Open House, Esoko Clinics and Road shows
- To achieve frequent, timely and positive media coverage for Esoko and its programs across all available media
- Specifying market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research, supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers.
- Developing and implementing a company-wide marketing plan; working with all departments to execute.
- Analyzing potential partner relationships for the sales/business development team.
- Meets marketing and sales financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Determines annual and gross-profit plans by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products; analyzing trends and results; establishing pricing strategies; recommending selling prices; monitoring costs, competition, supply, and demand.
- Accomplishes marketing and sales objectives by planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating advertising, merchandising, and trade promotion programs; developing field sales action plans.
- Identifies marketing opportunities by identifying consumer requirements; defining market, competitor’s share, and competitor’s strengths and weaknesses; forecasting projected business; establishing targeted market share.
- Improves product marketability and profitability by researching, identifying, and capitalizing on market opportunities; improving product packaging; coordinating new product development.
Required Skills or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or related field, Master’s degree preferred
- Ability to speak French language
- Certifications that provide evidence of a desire for continued education are a plus
- 5+ years’ experience in management in a corporate setting
- Current on industry standards and best practices
- Transformative approach to leadership that inspires and empowers others
- Aware of the latest market trends and shifts, as well as projections for the future
- Evidence of ability to innovate and implement change successfully
- Ability to prioritize high-value tasks and focus under pressure
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Able to be persuasive and procure buy-in from upper management
- Solid computer skills and awareness of web-based marketing and social media
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Driven and committed to success while maintaining integrity
- Demonstrate technical marketing skills and product knowledge