Posted on :
11 Nov, 2022
11 Nov, 2022
The European Union Delegation to Ghana is looking for Secretary. Under this post, the recruited person will be attributed functions depending on the needs of the Delegation. The job holder will provide secretarial and logistical support to the Cooperation Section and other sections, as necessary.
The place of employment is Delegation of the European Union to Ghana -The Round House – 81, Cantonments Road, Accra, Ghana.
Benefits, such as additional pension schemes and medical insurance are offered to employees and their families under certain conditions.
Job Title: Secretary
We look for
• A team player, responsive and committed with a high sense of initiative.
• He/she should be a fast learner, very well organized, able to prioritize workloads, and deliver accurately on short-term requests.
• Manage the calendar of the relevant Head of Section;
• Book meeting rooms, set up conference calls, and take messages and minutes during meetings;
• Answering and redirecting phone calls providing information;
• Greet visitors and direct them to the appropriate section or individual;
• Draft notes, minutes, and routine correspondence with the right layout and format.
• Ensure administrative quality checks for signature by the hierarchy before transmission of any document;
• Receive and route incoming correspondence, finalize and transmit outgoing correspondence;
• Ensure that incoming messages and correspondence are registered, correctly attributed, and followed up respecting deadlines;
• Maintain the filing system so that information can be easily retrieved;
• Update regularly the section contacts Database (outlook);
• Assist mission performers in the section with the preparation of Mission Orders and Declaration of Expenses;
• Encode requests for official transportation in the relevant application and follow-up on approval;
• Update and follow-up mission planning, absences, and holidays in the shared calendar of the Section;
• Provide support to consultants working on EU projects regarding visa application;
• Provide administrative and logistical support for the organization of internal and external events such as meetings, workshops, conferences, and public events (booking location, invitations, catering, reception of guests, etc.)
• Assist in organizing missions for EU officials visiting Ghana;
• Ensure that the tools and logistics needs of the Section are covered by liaising with the administration section or the appropriate service providers;
• Manage functional mailboxes and handle messages as necessary under the supervision of the relevant head of section;
• Assist in the induction of new staff in the section;
• Ensure back-up of other secretaries in the section in case of absences and provide secretarial support to other sections when required;
• Perform other ad-hoc tasks required by the Management.
• Excellent administration and organizational skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Time management skills
• Information and communication technology skills
• Problem-solving skills
• Ability to work independently and prioritize workloads
• Deliver accurate and quality work on short-term requests
• Team player
• Dynamic, motivated and responsible personality with a sense of initiative
• Resilient and able to work under pressure
• Responsive and multi-tasking
• Very discrete in the handling of information
• Adjustable to flexible working hours
• Strong customer-service abilities
• Thorough and attentive to details
• Flexible and easily adaptable to a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment
• Eager to learn and develop new skills
Qualification Required & Experience
• Post-secondary education attested by a diploma
• University Degree in Administration, Social Sciences, or other
• Minimum 5 years in performing above mentioned
• Work experience with diplomatic missions or international organizations;
Knowledge of languages
• Excellent command of English (written and spoken)
Knowledge of IT tools
• Extensive knowledge of MS Office Suite and Internet-based applications
How To Apply For The Job
Interested candidates should send their application and supporting documents by email to:
[email protected] indicating as the subject: “Application: Secretary in the Cooperation Section – [Family name and first name]“.
The application should include a cover letter and a detailed Europass CV with a minimum of one professional reference. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for written tests and an interview. Recruitment of the successful candidate will be subject to medical fitness.