Posted on :
16 Mar, 2020
16 Mar, 2020
The Evangelical Presbyterian (E.P.) College of Education, Amedzofe is a renowned public teacher educational institution in the Volta Region of Ghana and affiliated to the University of Ghana, Legon, under the new teacher education reform.
Applications are invited from suitable candidates for the Finance Officer position at the College.
Job Title: Finance Officer
The Position/Job Description
The Finance Officer is the Chief Accounting Officer and the Chief Financial Advisor to the Principal. He/ she shall be responsible to the Principal for the financial administration of the College, The duties of the Finance Officer include but are not limited to:
• The collection of all legitimate revenue due the College;
• Sourcing funds for the College;
• The implementation of policies relating to accounting and financial control and health of the College;
• The proper record keeping of all College property, assets, stocks and valuables of all funds in a register;
• Exercising control over expenditure in line with the College’s objectives and budgets;
• Preparation of annual budget of the College for presentation to the appropriate governing body for approval and implementation;
• Ensuring that the financial statements of the College are drawn up in accordance with the law establishing the Colleges, the statutes, applicable accounting standards and all other regulations approved by the College, as well as all other relevant national laws;
• Liaising with the appointed external auditors to get the College’s financial statements audited; and
• Liaising with the Ministries, Departments and Agencies in respect of financial matters affecting the College.
Qualification Required & Experience
The applicant must:
• Hold a good first degree and a master’s degree in Accounting or Finance;
• Have a professional qualification in the relevant field and must be a member of a relevant professional body;
• Have served as a Deputy Finance Officer in a College of Education or comparable grade in a similar institution/organisation for at least four (4) years;
• Possess excellent communication, interpersonal and supervisory skills;
• Be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines;
• Have strong intellect, be analytical, innovative, result oriented and visionary;
• Have proven emotional stability and integrity;
• Possess strong LT. skills and be familiar with accounting software; and
• Be able to complete at least one term of four (4) years before attaining the compulsory retirement of sixty (60) years.
Location: Volta Region
How To Apply
Prospective candidates should submit applications with the following: • An up-to-date curriculum vitae • copies of educational and other professional certificates • a cover letter • names and addresses of three referees Please note: • Candidates should request three (3) referees to submit sealed reports on them directly to the address below. • Six (6) copies (sets) of the application dossier must be submitted in hard copies. • Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications should be submitted in both hard and soft copies. Applications should be marked with the position applying for and addressed to: [email protected] and The Chairman Search Committee E.P College of Education, Amedzofe P.O.Box AM 12 Amedzofe – V/R
Closing Date: 25 March, 2020