Posted on :
16 Mar, 2020
16 Mar, 2020
The Evangelical Presbyterian (E.P.) College of Education, Amedzofe is a renowned public teacher educational institution in the Volta Region of Ghana and affiliated to the University of Ghana, Legon, under the new teacher education reform.
Applications are invited from suitable candidates for the Internal Auditor position at the College.
Job Title: Internal Auditor
The Position/Job Description
• The Internal Auditor is the head of the College’s internal audit unit and provides independent, objective and consulting services designed to add value and improve the College’s operations.
• He/she also provides a systematic and disciplined approach to evaluate and improve risk management, control and governance processes of the College.
The Internal Auditor shall:
• Ensure the establishment and operation of an efficient and effective internal financial control system;
• Vet all proposed expenditures to ensure compliance with laid-down internal control systems and other statutory requirements;
• Assess the extent to which assets are accounted for and safeguard losses;
• Monitor and ensure that expenditures incurred have been authorised and are within budgetary provisions;
• Liaise with the external auditors to ensure that appropriate actions are taken on reported audit findings;
• Draw the attention of the Principal and the Finance Officer to deficiencies in the system with recommendation for remedies; and
• Discharge any other assignments that the Principal shall deem necessary.
Qualification Required & Experience
Candidates for the position must:
• Hold a good first degree and a master’s degree in Accounting or Finance;
• Have a professional qualification in the relevant fields and be a member of a relevant professional body as well as a member of the institute of Internal Auditors;
• Have served as a Deputy Internal Auditor in a College of Education or comparable grade in a similar institution/organisation for at least four (4) years;
• Have strong intellect, be analytical, critical, result-oriented, innovative and visionary;
• Have proven emotional stability and integrity;
• Possess strong I.T. skills and familiar with financial management framework;
• Exhibit a high sense of industry, leadership qualities and organisational skills;
• Be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines;and
• Be able to complete at least one term of four (4) years before attaining the compulsory retirement of sixty (60) years.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
Salary and conditions attached to the above positions are attractive and in accordance with the approved Harmonised Conditions of Service for Colleges of Education.
Location: Volta Region
How To Apply
Prospective candidates should submit applications with the following: • An up-to-date curriculum vitae • copies of educational and other professional certificates • a cover letter • names and addresses of three referees Please note: • Candidates should request three (3) referees to submit sealed reports on them directly to the address below. • Six (6) copies (sets) of the application dossier must be submitted in hard copies. • Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications should be submitted in both hard and soft copies. Applications should be marked with the position applying for and addressed to: [email protected] and The Chairman Search Committee E.P College of Education, Amedzofe P.O.Box AM 12 Amedzofe – V/R
Closing Date: 25 March, 2020