Posted on :
16 Mar, 2020
16 Mar, 2020
The Evangelical Presbyterian (E.P.) College of Education, Amedzofe is a renowned public teacher education institution in the Volta Region of Ghana and affiliated to the University of Ghana, Legon, under the new teacher education reform.
Applications are invited from suitable candidates for the College Librarian position at the College.
Job Title: College Librarian
The Position/Job Description
• The College Librarian has overall responsibility for library, research and information needs of the college community. He/she provides leadership in advancing the College’s teaching and mission through a clear vision of the library’s role, comprehensive strategic planning and incorporation of emerging technology.
The College Librarian’s shall:
• Serve as the professional and administrative head of the College Library;
• Draw up and monitor the implementation of College Library strategic plan;
• Establish and maintain procedures, policies and systems that made efficient library operation;
• Plan, organise, coordinate and measure the work activities of all library personnel;
• Collaborate with the relevant and appropriate institutional libraries and organizations within and outside the country to attract grants for library development and be exposed to international best practices; and
• Be a member of the Academic Board
Qualification Required & Experience
The applicant must:
• Possess a postgraduate degree in Library or Information related held;
• Have served as Deputy Librarian in a College of Education or comparable grade in a similar institution/organisation for at least four (4) years;
• Be conversant with library records management software;
• Be analytical, critical, informative and research oriented;
• have a good character, leadership skills, and high degree of professional integrity; and
• Be able to complete at least one term of four (4) years before attaining a compulsory retirement age of sixty (60)
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
Salary and conditions attached to the above positions are attractive and in accordance with the approved Harmonised Conditions of Service for Colleges of Education.
Location: Volta Region
How To Apply
Prospective candidates should submit applications with the following: • An up-to-date curriculum vitae • copies of educational and other professional certificates • a cover letter • names and addresses of three referees Please note: • Candidates should request three (3) referees to submit sealed reports on them directly to the address below. • Six (6) copies (sets) of the application dossier must be submitted in hard copies. • Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications should be submitted in both hard and soft copies. Applications should be marked with the position applying for and addressed to: [email protected] and The Chairman Search Committee E.P College of Education, Amedzofe P.O.Box AM 12 Amedzofe – V/R
Closing Date: 25 March, 2020