Posted on :
18 Jan, 2018
18 Jan, 2018
Chemonics International seeks a Senior Technical Advisor, Energy Sector for an anticipated USAIDfunded energy sector project in Ghana.
Job Title: Senior Technical Advisor, Energy Sector
• The project will work in partnership with USAID to provide capacity building support and technical assistance for energy sector stakeholders in Ghana.
• The Senior Technical Advisor will be responsible for serving as the main point of contact between USAID and Chemonics and reporting to both, ensuring effective and efficient performance for all aspects of the project overseeing all quality and reporting, and interfacing with senior Mission, Embassy and government officials, other donors and regional organizations.
• We are looking for people who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world
Qualification Required & Experience
• A Master’s Degree in business, management, economics, law, engineering, policy or other areas relevant to the energy sector or leadership and management of complex programs
• At least 10 years of experience in the energy sector with emphasis on most of the following areas in the developing world: transaction advisory support, competitive procurement of power support, renewable energy development, and gas and fuel supply issues. Experience in the gas to power market is also valuable, but not required
• Demonstrated success in managing complex and diverse programs in similar development environments for at least seven years. This includes at least 7 years of experience as a Chief of Party, Project Director, Regional Director, Country Director or other Senior field management role, demonstrating professional interaction with senior U.S and foreign government officials. Significant experience leading development projects in sub-sahara Africa is highly desirable
• Demonstrated capacity to build and effectively supervise a diverse team, effective organisational skills, strategy development and implementation skills, interpersonal and creative problem-solving skills along with demonstrated capacity to establish productive relationships with high-level host country officials and stakeholders
• Fluency in spoken and written English with strong oral and written presentation skills
How to Apply
Please submit CV, cover letter and three references with the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email to: [email protected] Closing Date: 15 February, 2018