GGBL is undertaking significant change process, principally in the areas of accountability, quality maintenance practices, supply planning, cost reduction and efficiency. In line with its objectives GGBL will develop its people and create an environment that attracts and retains the best people.
Job Title: Site Security Manager
To implement policies in accordance with GGBL security policies and practices. To protect corporate interests in physical and intellectual property and the protection of the employees of GGBL.
- Security of GGBL sites, property and personnel.
- Report to the Head of Security on all security matters affecting the site.
- Security against threats and/or actions from terrorist and criminal elements and organisations.
- Provide effective, reliable and on time intelligence information to facilitate line management to effectively perform their professional duties to the company.
- Needs to respond immediately if there is a perceived or actual threat affecting the security of the company.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Degree or post graduate diploma in Security Management/Operations, Crime Prevention/Detection and Investigations from a recognized establishment.
- Certification from ASIS or other reputable international professional bodies.
- First degree in Social Sciences, Arts, Business Management or Sciences.
- Security Managers/Supervisors’ Course Certificates from a recognized establishment
Skills & Knowledge
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience
- Must be computer literate.
- Knowledge of security issues almost certainly acquired from several years (minimum 10 years) in the Police Service, Armed Forces or security industry.
- Experience of dealing with Line and Senior Managers.
- Strategic Security Experience – Experienced at formulating simple security plan to resolve complicated issues.
- Experience of interaction with law enforcement agencies in kidnap/extortion and crisis management cases.
- At least 2 years in a commercial industry.
- Must have some knowledge in electronic surveillance systems.
- Must be fully mobile and available at a 24-hour call to respond to crisis situations.
- Must be able to manage complexities.
- Commit to Occupational Health and Safety standards. Frequently state and articulate that Safety is our No.1 priority. Be visible as an ambassador for safety by behaving in a safe manner at all times and always challenging unsafe practices and behaviour of others, reprimanding where appropriate.
- Implement security structures, policies and procedures.
- Maintain record of up-to-date knowledge of threat/risk assessment to property, assets and personnel.
- Handle sensitive information and advice concerning serious crime affecting the company to the Head of Security.
- Co-ordinate and evaluate performance of 3rd party security service providers.
- Shall be committed to producing safe and quality products by following all instructions related to the Food Safety and Quality Management System.
Search and spin with other Diageo Markets – link into Key Markets security management programmes
Gain buy in and input from Head of Security Diageo GB.
Gain commitment from all employees to the security policies and engage them in building security awareness.