Posted on :
13 Feb, 2020
13 Feb, 2020
To optimize Windows servers and related components to achieve high availability and performance of the various business applications supported. This includes designing, installing, configuring, administering, and fine-tuning Windows operating systems and components across the organization in a timely and efficient manner.
Job Title: Senior IT Systems Administrator
Key Activities and Accountabilities:
1. Participate in key process improvements for all Windows environments throughout the organisation.
2. Participate in the design and review of new Windows systems and Windows application deployments in both workstations and servers.
3. Perform assigned tasks to ensure availability, reliability, and scalability of Windows systems to meet corporate objectives.
4. Perform file system configuration and management.
5. Support Business Systems teams throughout project lifecycles.
6. Troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software problems, including end user desktop PCs and enterprise data servers.
7. Ensure that Windows-based workstations and servers comply with established policies, standards, licensing agreements, and configuration guidelines.
8. Assist in defining and perform system backups and recovery procedures to ensure full data retrieval.
9. Monitor and test system performance.
10. Assist in defining and implementing strategies for integrating Windows and non-Windows operating environments.
11. Execute recommended modifications to Windows systems in order to improve efficiency, reliability, and performance.
12. Implement and support established policies, procedures, and technologies to ensure Windows system security.
13. Assist in researching Windows-related hardware and software in support of procurement and system development efforts.
14. Review and deploy new Windows service packs, hot fixes, system updates, and vendor-supplied patches according to best practices.
15. Interface with Network Team to ensure security and performance is maintained.
16. On call emergency response duty on a rotational basis.
Job Knowledge and Qualifications:
1. 6+ years experience in an IT Operational Role
2. Relevant degree or equivalent in computer science or other relevant discipline
3. Demonstrable experience of Windows Server, Exchange, Desktop Operating Systems
4. Demonstrable experience in project deployment