As a result of continued growth and further anticipated contact wins Expro is keen to explore job opportunities with experienced Well Test Operations personnel for current and future openings within Sub Sahara Africa
Job Title: WELL TEST OPERATIONS
Overall Purpose of the Job
- To ensure all customer expectations are fulfilled at the well site through effective communication and support of the customer, supervision of Expro crew, equipment and regular communication with Operations Manager.
- Ensures a safe and healthy environment at the worksite through the effective application of the Company’s HSEQ systems.
- Completion of all HSEQC and Operational Documentation required to be completed during and after each Well test operation and delivering the same to the Well Test Operations Manager for his review.
- Overall responsibility for running the job at the wellsite and safe and effective management of any change.
- Establish and maintain an effective relationship with the well site customer representative to ensure good two way communication and customer expectations are clearly understood.
- Provide supervision of the crew to ensure that all personnel in the crew have the appropriate level of supervision, knowledge and understanding of the tasks to be performed.
- Ensure coaching and development of the crew.
- Provide the planning necessary for the job including equipment set-up, well site direction and customer-related support activities.
- Perform cleaning, operational testing and pressure testing of equipment during the pre job procedures
- Prepares and packs ancillary equipment to be used for the job
- Performs pre/post job equipment inspections
- Performs and completes preventative maintenance procedures for all of the equipment on location
- Assembles and prepares equipment for installation and service
- Ensures that at rig down, clean up and preparation for the next job is effectively completed
- Ensures completion of all required documentation relating to equipment and personnel in the course of the operations performed.
- Ensures the customer is satisfied with the service provided including the accuracy of all data and reports provided.
- Evaluates crew member performance during the job.
- Supports company strategies for maintaining and improving business by promoting Expro capability with the Customer representative.
- Identifies and communicates opportunities for business growth to onshore management, acting as the company representative at the worksite.
Job Context and Main Activities
Safety and Service Quality
The position is responsible for delivering safety and service quality at the worksite. The position must actively monitor the ongoing activities to ensure that acceptable standards are maintained. Where risks are identified the position must ensure that these risks are addressed. Duties include:
- Ensuring that employees, contractors and visitors are aware of the work plan, hazards, relevant HSEQ procedures and standards including risk assessment and worksite inspections
- Ensuring adequate instruction and supervision to ensure that work is conducted without harm to people or the environment
- Establishing that all equipment, plant and substances used are suitable for the task and are kept in good working condition
- Assist in taking immediate and appropriate steps to investigate and address any risks to people or the environment arising from the work activity
- Ensuring that all incidents are properly recorded and reported and that an investigation is carried out to establish and rectify root causes
- Bringing to the prompt attention of senior management any HSEQ issues that require attention (regardless of client pressures)
- Ensuring that quality of service is of a high standard and that all required performance improvement reports are completed after each job
Ensuring that operations are delivered to meet client expectations
Complying with the agreed programme, delivering contractual requirements and meeting agreed performance levels.
Being proactive in highlighting areas for improvement and supporting the client with lessons learned
Leading by example
Effectively managing personnel to deliver project activities
Completing required Personal Assessments and receiving post job feedback from the Well Test Operations Manager
Ensuring completion of end of operation job tickets/time sheets with customer approval
Ensuring company owned equipment is looked after and third party equipment is returned to base after use
Notifying the Operations Supervisor / Manager of items damaged and documenting these events
Seeking opportunities to assist the customer and to provide additional Expro services
Decision making Authority/Level of Supervision Required:
Position has ultimate responsibility for safety and quality decisions on site with support of base Operations Coordinator. Decisions out with established work practice to be referred to Well Test Operations Manager for discussion and resolution.
- Effectively performing the tasks to meet individual, client and Company expectations
- Ability to work under pressure with differing priorities
- Working environment changing due to weather, and / or well conditions
- Operating in remote and potentially hostile environment locations
- Ability to work at height
Job Knowledge and Qualifications
- Completion of primary/high school or equivalent education
- Basic Knowledge of Basic Tools and Procedures with Regard to Function, Testing, Troubleshooting and Safe Practices
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years experience as a Operator and Supervisor within Well test
- Good interpersonal, mentoring and training skills
- Self motivated and can work independently with little supervision
- Ability to perform advanced mathematical calculations
- Basic reading comprehension, writing skills and calculator skills required
- Computer skills including MS Office and company software
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here