Posted on :
27 Mar, 2020
27 Mar, 2020
The Fair Wages and Salaries Commission (FWSC) is looking for qualified, goal-oriented and results-driven persons with exceptional qualities for appointment to the following position
Job Title: Senior Procurement Assistant
• To provide maintenance of an effective and effective inventory in the Commission.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Maintains an inventory control system for the Commission’s stores;
• Implements a system to ensure that goods are properly received, stored and distributed from the Commission’s stores and properly recorded;
• Conducts timely requisition for supplies of materials and equipment to ensure that adequate inventory levels are maintained to meet the needs of the Commission;
• Provides timely feedback to supervisor on the conditions of goods received at the store, in case there are any defects;
• Ensures compliance with Government Health and Safety procedures and standards and regulations related to work performed to minimise potential accidents, injuries or hazards in the stores;
• Prepares and update Asset Register for the Commission for the attention of the Deputy Director, HR and !ration through the Head of the Procurement
Qualification Required & Experience
• A good pass in the West African Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (WASSCE) or its equivalence, plus a certificate in Logistics and Supply Chain Management/Stores Management from a recognised institution.
• Must have served progressively for a minimum of three (3) years in a related position.
Competencies, Skills and Technical Abilities
• Inventory management skills
• Good Knowledge of procurement laws
• Interpersonal skills;
• Oral communication and writing;
• Analytical and quantitative skills;
• Computer literacy.
• Belief in dialogue
• Team- player
How To Apply
Applications for category A should be forwarded, together with statements of the applicant’s vision for the position, current CV, office and residential telephone numbers, email address and addresses of three referees to: The Secretary, Public Services Commission P. O. BOX GP 1618, Accra
Closing Date: 31 March 2020