Posted on :
21 Feb, 2011
21 Feb, 2011
Fairtrade is a trading partnership, based on dialogue, transparency and respect. FLO-CERT, an independent international certification company provides the credibility, trust and transparency behind the Fairtrade Label.
With over 2000 clients in more than 70 countries, FLO-CERT has become one of the world’s leading social certification bodies –empowering over one million farmers and wage workers and their families in the global south through access to the Fairtrade market.
FLO-CERT GmbH currently has an Auditor vacancy within its Certification Department for a customer orientated, service driven and energetic Auditor with an interest in FAIRTRADE:
Auditor Ghana / West Africa
• Conduct FLO-CERT Fairtrade audits
• To carry out FLO-CERT Fairtrade audits against Fairtrade Standards for various products in Ghana and in other West African countries if needed
• Audits in Ghana and in other West African countries if needed
• Audits of producers (small producer organizations and plantations), processors/manufacturers and exportersin the specified countries
• Scheduling of audits as requested by FLO-CERT
• Completion of audit reports, including identification of all relevant non-conformities in a clear and complete form
Certification Analyst in Bonn/ Germany
Required Skills or Experience
• University level education (or equivalent) in a relevant subject (Economics, Agriculture, Accounting, Food Science, Agronomy, etc.).
• At least 2 years experience in auditing (e.g. Fairtrade, organic, ISO 9001:2000, SA8000, ISO 14001, financial audits)
• At minimum 2 years work experience in Ghana and / or other countries in West Africa
• Fluent in English and French both oral and written
• Strong commercial skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to be assertive, unbiased and impartial
• Business experience
• Experience in working with small producer organizations, plantations, manufacturers/processors, exporters
• Technical knowledge of some of the following products: Pineapple, Cotton, Shea Butter, Cocoa, Cashew, Mango, Banana, Coffee, Rice
• Knowledge of one or more of the following certification schemes: Fairtrade, Organic, ISO 9001:2000, ISO 14001, Euregap
How To Apply
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• Job share: Freelance
• Place of work: Flexible
• To be based in Ghana or another West African country
• Communication language: English and French
• Payment: According auditors fee agreement
• Starting date: As soon as possible
• Training will be provided by FLO-CERT
For applying, please visit the FLO-CERT vacancy website:
Please follow application procedure for submitting your application documents in English, with Curriculum Vitae, motivation letter and salary indication to Mr. David Holzwarth.
Deadline for applications: 6th March 2010
Please consult www.flo-cert.net for more information on FLO-Cert GmbH and the Fairtrade movement.
Offer valid till: 01 Mar, 2011