Posted on :
14 Dec, 2020
14 Dec, 2020
The University of Energy and Natural Resources (UENR) was established by an Act of Parliament, 2011, (Act 830). The University is a public funded national institution which seeks to provide leadership and management of energy and natural resources and be a centre of excellence in these critical areas.
The University approaches its programmes and research by emphasizing interdisciplinary collaboration and taking into account areas such as economics, law and policy, management, science, technology and engineering as well as social and political issues that affect energy and natural resources.
The University of Energy and Natural Resources operates a multi-campus system, currently in Sunyani and Dormaa Ahenkro; plans are underway to start the Nsoatre and Kenyase campuses. Successful applicants of any of the following positions in the University should be willing to reside in any of these locations.
Job Title: Farm Manager
The successful applicant:
• takes charge of managing the activities of the University farm;
• oversees all training and breeding activities on the farm, including the maintenance and monitoring of the quality of yield;
• takes charge of planning and implementing farm programmes;
• manages day-to-day activities of the farm;
• organises and oversees strict work schedule on the farm;
• ensures that farm activities comply with international farming quality standards and regulations;
• applies high-level health and safety standards across the farm estate;
• maintains and submits monthly reports on activities;
• takes charge of producing,
Qualification Required & Experience
• An applicant minimum of a master’s degree in crop science or animal science. A PhD in any of these fields will be an advantage.
• have experience in running/managing a medium to large scale farms;
• have experience in mechanize farming;
• be computer literate;
• have ability to operate the farm as a business;
• be self-motivated and ability to work independently and supervise others;
• be of unblemished character and have a high degree of personal integrity;
• have proven organizational and leadership skills;
• possess excellent inter-personal and communication skills, be a team player.
How To Apply For The Job
All applications should reach the Registrar not later than FRIDAY, DECEMBER 11, 2020 through the following address:
University of Energy and Natural Resources
P. O. Box 214