Do you want to improve millions of lives and leave a lasting legacy at the same time? Do you want to use your talents and skills to make a difference and not just a living? Do you want to help feed the world now and in the future? Farmerline works to reinvent how the world thinks and invest in the lives of small-scale farmers. We are working to help farmers produce and sell food. We are bold and systemic thinkers but operate lean and nimble.
We train and support a network of smartphone empowered field agents to bring vital services and information to farmers doorsteps. Products like high quality but affordable fertilizers, fungicides, and seeds. Information services like weather forecast, market prices, financial & nutrition tips. We are building the “Amazon” for farmers where they can access these services and other resources at an affordable price, quality and right in their community.
We have supported many organizations with our tools and knowledge to improve the way they work with farmers. Over the past 5 years, Farmerline and its partnership network has profiled and served over 200,000 farmers and mapped over 700,000 acres of farmland across 11 countries.
Farmerline is a learning organization and you will have the chance to apply your ideas and creativity to solve problems every day. If you work well in a dynamic collaborative culture, set high standards, and meet challenges with determination and a sense of humor, you’ll thrive at Farmerline.
Job Title: Marketing and Branding Associate
Farmerline is looking for a Marketing and Branding Associate that is both a strong self-starter and a team player, has strong written and verbal communications skills, and is passionate about sharing Farmerline’s story with both rural customers as well as audiences worldwide. The Associate will be the go-to team member for creating Farmerline’s public-facing content. The Associate will be a leader in developing a long-term branding strategy and implementation plan for Farmerline’s products and services to rural customers and create and execute a successful marketing strategy for both rural customers as well as stakeholders and clients. Shape and executing this strategy will be done by using a variety of approaches including web and (social) media tools, marketing campaigns, and offline materials. The Associate will also be expected to communicate Farmerline’s message to a number of stakeholders – input dealers, Agric companies and potential clients. This will manifest in communication development and strategy to support information sharing efforts.
- Create and execute a branding and marketing strategy to share Farmerline’s story and services to rural customers, potential clients, advocates, using a variety of approaches, such as web and (social) media tools, newsletters, marketing campaigns, and offline materials.
- Manage the Farmerline *399# brand across all branding, marketing, and communication tools/channels
- Work closely across Farmerline’s Farmer Services team, design team, and tech team to translate information, lessons, experiences into written content and materials to improve product and service branding and company visibility.
- Manage social media accounts, web content, and newsletters, increasing Farmerline’s online audience and engagement. Coordinate PR, advocacy, campaigns, and media activity
- Write and contribute to the design of offline content such as videos, brochures, reports, and marketing materials
- Take initiative to lead new projects and teams to quickly develop new content as needed
- Track user engagement using analytical tools to continuously monitor and improve the effectiveness of the branding and marketing strategy
- Increased user engagement through successful branding and marketing
- Increased lead generation as a result of attention from online content
- At least one case study highlighting how Farmerline’s technology services were used to advance the work of (a) B2B client(s)
- Social media visibility framework – a strategy that outlines how/when Farmerline should be pushing content on social media (format of strategy can be determined by Fellow)
- One marketing campaign to attract further visibility
- An updated Content Bank that can expedite grant application and proposal completion
- Marketing creds: You have a BA or BS degree in marketing, business or project management and 3+ years’ experience working in marketing.
- Project management skills: You know how to stay organized and how to set goals and achieve them.
- Creativity: You wonder a lot. You love to daydream about solutions to problems. You are good at conceptualizing. You like to design things. Different contexts spark your creative juices.
- Analytical skills: Ability to continuously ascertain training needs from consultations with community health supervisors and community health workers.
- Problem-solving skills: You know how to identify problems and find solutions. You like to get things done in a structured, methodical way.
- Committed to our mission: You have a demonstrable commitment to international development and global health.
- Team player: You play well with others enjoy seeing the impact of our work as a team.
- Multitasks: You’re able to juggle multiple tasks at once while ‘keeping calm and carrying on.’ You think strategically, handle ambiguity and work well in a multicultural environment.
Benefits and Compensation:
- Competitive Salary
- Local Health Insurance
- A leadership team and colleagues investing in your personal and professional growth
- Dynamic, young culture with great opportunities for learning, leadership, and FUN