AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as
Job Title: Scheduler.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Scheduler is accountable for developing a consolidated schedule for the geology department and monitoring the progress of deliverables and milestones to ensure that annual work programs are on track. The role holder is also accountable for weekly and monthly project performance reports including project schedule variance, and critical path analysis.
- Develop and maintain project master schedule and reports including project performance, milestone charts, and other tools used to support critical path analysis, and schedule variances
- Proactively identify and address potential schedule risks by communicating issues and/or opportunities to appropriate stakeholders
- Prepare project reports including S-Curves, Dashboard, earned value management, etc.
- Provide regular project updates to the Project and Cost Controller, and highlight any issues or concerns that may negatively impact on project delivery timelines
- Plan activities for the execution of projects including the development of weekly look ahead schedules
- Ensure schedule alignment to WBS, contracting and procurement strategy
- Assist with the management of the Project SharePoint Library and ProjectWise drawing management system
- Participate in weekly and monthly progress meetings and reviews with project leads, clients and contractors
- Monitor schedule performance utilizing float management, earned value and critical path analysis
- Assist project managers as needed in the day-to-day management of projects
- Responsible for managing and maintaining the Primavera planning system
- Perform other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business / Economics, etc.
- A PMP certification will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in projects planning / scheduling preferably within a mining or construction industry
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of project management principles, including schedule performance management and reporting, schedule variance, critical path analysis, etc.
- Knowledge of planning tools and systems including risk and scenario modelling
- Good interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management
- Conflict Management Skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should submit their applications, with detailed CV.
CLOSING DATE: 12TH FEBRUARY, 2019.