Ferring is here to help people around the world build families and live better lives. Headquartered in Switzerland, Ferring Pharmaceuticals is a research-driven, specialty biopharmaceutical group active in global markets. The company identifies, develops and markets innovative products in the areas of reproductive medicine and women’s health, urology and gastroenterology. Ferring has its own operating subsidiaries in nearly 60 countries and markets its treatments in 110 countries.
Job Title: Medical Representative
Presents and informs healthcare professionals (doctors, pharmacist and hospitals) about the company products in order to obtain the prescription in his/ her territory, and as such maintains and generates new business to achieve target sales.
- Visits healthcare professionals (doctors, pharmacists and hospitals) to promote Ferring products following the set marketing strategy, and with the frequency and number of impacts approved for each segment of doctors. Builds up and maintains relationships with these stakeholders.
Participates in local, regional and international scientific congresses determined by the company
- Classifies doctors and other stakeholders of the area according to the segmentation and targeting criteria. Proposes the addition of new doctors to the files, and suggests changes or removals. Tracks the prescription habits of the doctor, checks his/ her perception of our products, verifies the prescription potential and his/her influence on other doctors.
- Informs healthcare professionals (doctors, pharmacists and hospitals) in an accurate, updated and according to the company’s strategy about our products: uses marketing material, clarifies doubts and concerns of doctors about the products, handles objections, lists products’ advantages compared to the competitors. Ensures that other departments convey this information to the doctor if necessary.
- Obtains information from the market about the doctors’ concerns on our products, the competitors and tests our own marketing strategy and materials. Obtains information about possible public tenders, launches of competitors’ products, cost containment measures, health authorities possible instructions to doctors. Transmit this information to relevant parties. Conducts market surveys for current and new products.
- Proposes activities in his/her territory (invitation to congresses, participation of doctors as lecturers, organization of clinical sessions, that helps to promote our products in compliance with ethics standards and ensuring the return on investment. Organizes the proposals approved according to the budget assigned.
- Manages the budget assigned ensuring the return on investment. Follows up on product consumption in pharmacies and hospitals and monitors sales performance in the territory.
- Informs his line manager, in a timely manner, about his/her daily activities and the plans for the coming weeks and presents expenses report or any other requested by the company in due time. Keeps detailed records of all contacts and visit details, which may involve database management.
- B.Sc. Degree in Pharmacy, or equivalent.
- Strong communication and influencing skills.
- Energetic, enthusiastic and a real team player.
- One or two years’ experience as medical representative is an advantage.
- Proficiency in computer skills
- Exempted from Military & Public service.
- Valid Driving License and be willing to travel to remote areas and other cities.