The Grants and Finance Manager is a member of the Learning T2E Plus team working in partnership with the Learning SMLT, Contract Management Services (CMS), Finance Team, FHI 360 Operations and other units to efficiently operate and maintain a portfolio of sub-awards for USAID Partnership for Education: Learning activity. He/she will be responsible for the entire grants process from coordinating and consolidating scopes of work, sub-award solicitations, cost negotiations to close-out. This will include preparation of sub-award packages, execution, monitoring, and overall administration. In addition, the selected individual will work cross-functionally across the team to support the design of comprehensive finance and procurement training for the MOE and GES grantees and support the pre-award assessment of potential grantees. The role will support ensuring full compliance with donor regulations and FHI 360 policies.
Job Title: Finance and Grants Manager
Primary Responsibilities – Grants
- Coordinate issuing of sub awards, and other contractual arrangements for the T2E Plus project.
- Provide leadership and oversight for grants and contracts management on the project.
- Support development and management of grant management systems and processes required to support activity implementation, ensuring compliance with USAID rules and regulations, contract requirements, FHI 360 policies, and host government laws.
- Maintain financial, grants, and/or administrative reporting and tracking systems for grants and provide related performance updates on activities.
- Develop and manage subaward solicitation processes.
- Works closely with FHI 360 Contract Management Services during the submission and approval process for sub-award packages.
- Maintain an online grant tracking system and ensure compliant monitoring and reporting on grant activities.
- Train and mentor relevant project staff and implementing partners on managing and monitoring subawards.
- Ensure the effective start-up and close out of all sub-grants; and
- Responsible for ensuring the timely and quality completion of all reporting deadlines.
- Provide administrative support to the Ministry of Education and Ghana Education Service for the implementation of the Fixed Amount Award (FAA) and In-Kind Grant (IKG).
Primary Responsibilities – Finance
- Support preparation of pre-award assessments for new sub-awards and determines appropriate invoice/report schedule and actual cost documentation.
- Prepare IKG Subaward Financial Reports (SFR) for review determining propriety and accuracy of all expenditures
- Manage Sub Award Tracking tool (SAT) and monitor same for action
- Prepare IKG monthly pipeline and accrual reports for review
- Prepare payments related to FAAs for review.
- Ensure smooth and timely flow of all expenditures related to reports and audit documentations of sub awardees on the learning project
- Manage the submission of invoices and all financial reporting from sub-awardees and other partners and ensures financial requirements are submitted, approved, and processed on a timely basis.
- Support cost-share reporting to ensure meeting targets and complying with requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business, administration, law or related field
- Minimum 8 years’ work experience, including at least 5 years of grants management experience.
- Experience establishing and ensuring compliance with FAAs and IKGs procedures.
- Demonstrated experience and skills managing relevant grant-related aspects of projects of similar size and scale.
- Prior experience managing relevant grant-related aspects of USAID projects, with demonstrated fluency in USAID requirements and policies.
- Comprehensive knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures with project and grant management systems
- Excellent and demonstrated project management skills.
- Must have excellent organizational, supervisory, leadership and managerial skills.
- Relevant computer software skills, particularly Microsoft Office
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
Type And Nature Of Contacts
- Frequent interaction with other staff and resolve problems with tact.
- External interaction with MOE/GES Directors
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.