Posted on :
30 Apr, 2019
30 Apr, 2019
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Job Title: Cross Sector Coordination Advisor
• Support the MOHs to maximize efficiencies and program effectiveness through leveraging and complementing related health sectors interventions including malaria, immunization, basic education, water, sanitation, hygiene, and maternal and child health and other relevant development sectors to reach greater numbers with NTD interventions
• Coordinate with in-country implementing partners the participation of overlapping NTD programs and complementary development-sector programs in the country-level work plans
• Oversee countries cross sector assessments (landscaping and stakeholder analysis for cross-sector coordination and for sustainability) and support MOHs and USAID in defining and negotiating priority areas of investment to leverage in country opportunities to support institutionalization of deworming
• Assist the MOHs and implementing partners in identifying complementary interventions, developing synergies with initiatives funded by USAID and/or other donors in the areas of Nutrition, WASH, Education and assist the MOHs in defining a strategy to guide the implementation of actions, that facilitate the collaboration between programs;
• Assume technical leadership within and outside the program in cross sector partnership related topics and non-traditional public health platforms
• Support MOHs and implementing partners on developing and implementing a course of actions that continue to strengthen existing partnerships to further the WHO NTD elimination and control goals, engage new partners and catalyze additional funding to strategically support gaps in NTD support for the diseases in the USAID portfolio.
• Collaborate with implementing partners to ensure that sound interventions are included into country annual workplans to address bottleneck in cross sector collaboration and partnership
• Minimum of a master’s degree or PHD in public health, international development, public policy, or related field.
• A minimum of 10 years’ global and in-country experience education sector or in implementation of public health and development programs.
• At least 5 years of experience in the implementation of multi-sector projects including WASH, Malaria, Nutrition Immunization, and/or Education. Experience with SCH/STH, WASH and School Health Programs is highly desirable.
• Demonstrated capacity with the integration of public health interventions for efficiency in service delivery
• Written and published materials related to technical area e.g., journal articles, job aids, training curricula, and other tools would be an asset
• Full professional proficiency in English and French with excellent oral and written communications skills.
• Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relations with senior Government personnel, international organizations, NGO partners, host country governments, and U.S. Government agencies.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.