FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the following position on our USAID-funded Control and Elimination Program for Neglected Tropical Diseases (CEP-NTD).
The CEP-NTD program is a global USAID-funded, 5-year, multi-million-dollar program intended to support disease-endemic countries to control and/or eliminate NTDs with proven, cost-effective public health interventions to treat and measure treatment impact against seven NTDs: lymphatic filariasis, blinding trachoma, onchocerciasis, schistosomiasis, and three intestinal worms known as soil-transmitted helminths. Building on the successes that have been achieved through previous USAID investments to expand national, integrated NTD programs, CEP-NTD will continue to support countries in their advancement towards global elimination goals, and to support countries to effectively access and leverage the drug donations needed to control the NTDs that cannot be eliminated with current strategies
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor
The M & E Advisor will provide technical assistance in support of surveillance, monitoring and evaluation (M&E) activities for CEP-NTDs; and in the development and dissemination of tools, materials, reports, papers, and intervention linked research. He/ she will provide technical guidance by designing and developing M&E systems and procedures for funded programs. This includes establishing key components of an M&E system including data collection, analysis, and reporting on key output, outcome and impact indicators for the program. The Advisor will also work closely with the program team to ensure compatibility and coordination within the existing M&E framework, and consistency with national and donor requirements.
- Oversees M&E activities in close collaboration with assigned Country/Region/Programs.
- Develops and directly contributes to the development and implementation of M&E tools and systems to improve ability to collect, interpret and aggregate data that demonstrate impact and program accountability and progress.
- Develops and supports the design and implementation of baseline, mid-term and end of project evaluations, surveys and other components of the programs M&E system.
- Provides M&E technical advice to programs, projects, including staffing and resource allocation to M&E.
- Develops high quality quantitative and qualitative methods and participatory methodologies to monitor program quality for performance and results.
- Builds upon industry and experiences to improve consistency, quality and practicality of M&E strategies; promote dissemination and use of lessons learned within international partner organizations.
- Participates in and supports the MOH-led process for developing USAID-funded Annual Work Plans for subsequent years with the participation of the sub grantees, USAID, FHI360 and other key NTD stakeholders. Ensure that M&E aspects of country level work plans comply with international NTD guidelines provided by WHO, USAID policies and best practices.
- In collaboration with all stakeholders/partners in the CEP-NTD coalition, supports and monitors implementation of annual country-level work plans and support MOHs and sub grantees in the implementation of the M&E aspects of the annual work plans.
- Supports general capacity building efforts within countries by directly providing technical assistance to countries on M&E related activities according to approved work plans, as agreed with USAID.
- Trains and advises sub grantees and national NTDPs on the use of M&E tools and implementation of M&E processes, including indicators, data collection techniques and methodologies, data collection and analysis, and reporting protocols.
- Coordinates data management, documentation and dissemination within the CEP-NTD project. The M&E Specialist will coordinate the review of project data through a continuous process that involves USAID, sub grantees, and national NTDPs. NTD data consistency and accuracy will be assessed taking into account reporting deadlines.
- Monitors project performance including NTD program coverage and NTD program progress in stopping district and/or sub-district MDA.
- Supports countries to maintain or create a database that gathers the necessary available data for documentation towards the certification of elimination of selected NTDs.
- Rolls out the use of the DQA tool in supported countries.
- At least a Master’s degree or its equivalent in public health and/or epidemiology. A strong academic formation in epidemiology is preferred.
- At least five (5) years of experience on M&E in the health sector/systems in any country. Experience performing M&E activities for infectious diseases program in Africa is necessary. Experience on NTDs is a plus.
- Demonstrated leadership in the development and implementation of an M&E strategy and/or implementation plan for a project or program of similar magnitude.
Fluent in English and French.
- Demonstrated understanding of WHO M&E guidelines for NTDs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of information and communications technology and its application to M&E – at least proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, Power point and access) is required. Knowledge of other M&E software such as GIS, SPSS, SAS and EpiInfo will be an advantage