Posted on :
21 Sep, 2018
21 Sep, 2018
The CEP-NTD program is a global USAID-funded, 5-year, multi-million-dollar program intended to support disease-endemic countries to control and/or eliminate NTDs with proven, cost-effective public health interventions to treat and measure treatment impact against seven NTDs: lymphatic filariasis, blinding trachoma, onchocerciasis, schistosomiasis, and three intestinal worms known as soil-transmitted helminths. Building on the successes that have been achieved through previous USAID investments to expand national, integrated NTD programs, CEP-NTD will continue to support countries in their advancement towards global elimination goals, and to support countries to effectively access and leverage the drug donations needed to control the NTDs that cannot be eliminated with current strategies
Job Title: Driver
The Driver provides reliable and safe driving services ensuring high accuracy of work. The Driver demonstrates a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy, tact and the ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds. He/she will provide driving services to the CEP-NTD staff, Consultants, HQ staff on TDY in country, or any other authorized persons.
Ensures provision of reliable and secure driving services:
· Driving office vehicles for transportation of authorized personnel, delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items;
· Meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport; providing country information and other general assistance to official visitors.
· Ensures cost-savings through proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs;
· Arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing.
· Ensures that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in event of an accident.
1. Basic Education Certificate with pass in English;
2. Clean and Valid Driver’s license
3. Minimum 5 years’ experience. Previous work with International organizations/NGOs highly desirable;
4. Knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair;
5. Knowledge of the 10 regions, and key information on geo-political history of Ghana.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.