Posted on :
15 Feb, 2023
15 Feb, 2023
About the Position:
FicusConstrution Africa, based in Accra invites applications from enthusiastic individuals for the position of IT Officer to join our dynamic team. This permanent position is well suited to an individual who is looking to advance their career in IT and also gain hands-on experience in a thriving conducive workplace.
Job Title: Information Technology Officer
Location: Sakora, Tomato Street, Adenta West, Accra
Introduction to our Company
Ficus Construction Africa is a Technology based building company. We aim to make building and owning a house a possibility to every individual, our business interest spans around: general construction; equipment rental; construction consultancy; construction material supplies; supply of skilled construction workers.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Must demonstrate a higher passion or interest and background in this industry.
• At least a suitably candidate must have a bachelor’s degree in IT or any other qualification in a relevant field and 3 years’ progressive experience in IT or more in a similar role.
• Must have a strong knowledge on how to leverage on IT in the construction industry.
• Very strong and useful leadership skills and excellent communication skills.
• Must be an insightful thinker and an aptitude for creativity.
• Must stay on top of industry trends in IT.
• A suitable candidate should be able to demonstrate their interest for the latest industry news and information within the role.
• Must be able to stay focused and be ready to take on multiple responsibilities.
• Ability to work under pressure within tight deadlines and high-quality standards.
• Advanced command of and proficiency in IT within the construction industry (a test will be administered to evaluate skill level).
• Must be comfortable working in a remote and digital environment with international team members.
• Excellent attention to detail, discipline, high self-motivation, adaptability, and accountability.
• Positive, enthusiastic, motivating attitude and demeanor.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent team player.
Role and responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but not limited to the following;
• To develop and manage the IT strategy of the company.
• Tech savvy and ability to work on cloud systems (Dropbox) and Google Drive (docs, sheets,calendar, etc).
• Directing internet operations and oversee network security.
• Plan, coordinate, direct research and facilitate all the IT related activities of the company.
• Assist to determine technology and business goals to support management.
• Installation and upgrading of hard ware and software; programming and systems design.
• Upkeep, maintenance and security of networks
• Evaluate the newest and most innovative technologies to support the company.
• Plans and Manages technical standards and attend to day-to-day IT needs of the company to provide support.
• Develop and implement requirements, budgets and schedules for the company IT projects, liaising with internal and external clients, vendors, consultants, IT specialists.
• Deliver IT mobility solutions to keep the company in contact.
• Protect all electronic files and data.
• Ensure Ficus software and network packages are compatible and stable.
• Hands on excellent experience, knowledge and understanding of both IT and business operations.
• Must be able to demonstrate at least 3 years progressive experience in this role or a similar role within a construction company.
Location: Adenta West, Accra
How To Apply
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Please send your 1) CV, 2) cover letter explaining how your professional experience meets the needs of the role, 3) writing sample (academic or professional), and 4) to:
firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Brand Manager” to apply. The terms of employment are very competitive. The anticipated appointment is expected to start as soon as possible.
Closing Date: 12 March, 2023