Posted on :
19 Nov, 2019
19 Nov, 2019
The purpose of this role is to support the development and execution of the Corporate Bank’s strategy. This shall include identifying and assessing business opportunities, growth initiatives, and support with streamlining processes, procedures and major restructuring decisions. This shall also entail furnishing the Team Lead/Head and by extension the Divisional Director, Corporate Banking (“CB”) with industry research, analysis, and reports on the performances of the Strategic Business Units (“SBUs”) operating within the Corporate Banking Department of Fidelity Bank.
Job Title: Business Performance Analyst – Corporate Banking
· Support the Team Lead in delivering end-to-end business reporting for all SBUs within the CB division of the Bank.
· Support the implementation of initiatives, monitoring and driving performances of all SBUs & individuals therein within CB.
· Support the Team Lead in providing a comprehensive integrated Balance sheet and income statement analysis, advice and insight from a corporate banking perspective.
· Conducting peer-to-peer analysis, research and provide information in the CB chosen market segment.
· Support business units in developing strategies/budgets & forecasting Models aligned to and cascaded from the overall corporate objectives.
· Support with streamlining processes, procedures and major re-structuring decisions within CB by engaging relevant support functions.
· Support in the provision of other administrative and ad-hoc duties as authorized by your immediate unit supervisor/head.
IMPACT ON THE BUSINESS
· Market intelligence
· Innovation & Revenue Growth (i.e. through Business Analytics (in the areas of customer, people, process, product, and SBU)
· SMART decision making
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Education & Qualification
· Relevant Tertiary or Degree level education in Economics, Accounting, Accounting, and related field.
· Minimum three (3) years of relevant experience.
· Sound knowledge of Financial applications including data warehouse
· Experience of data modeling and research methodology.
· Appreciation of a client-focused environment.
· High working knowledge of MS Excel, Powerpoint, and Word.
· Analytical and problem-solving – ability to analyze, interpret Balance sheet and Income statement and solve complex issues as they arise.
· Application of Power BI, Business Objects, SQL and VBA.
· Strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize and work efficiently and composedly under pressure.
· Fosters a sense of energy, ownership and personal commitment to the work.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to make sense of ambiguous and complex information and being able to see the bigger picture.
· Innovation – challenge current methods to achieve an increase in effectiveness and efficiency and drive process improvement.
· Superior skills in developing financial models, constructing reports and presentations
KEY RESULT AREAS
· Support in reporting on various Business Performance metrics of SBUs within CB.
· Assist with the provision of timely reports (i.e. daily, weekly, bi-weekly and monthly) which measures budget against actual performances and provide a solution in meeting variances following detailed analysis.
· Ensuring continuous follow-up on projected volumes by the various head of Businesses within the CB.
· Liaising with other finance and Business Line teams regarding queries & issues relating to the outcome of business meetings.
· Assist with the preparation of the strategic & tactical plans and financial forecast for designated SBUs within CB for consolidation.
· Reviewing existing processes and procedures and recommending areas of optimization.
COMMUNICATIONS AND WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
· SBUs within the CB Department – to follow up on pipeline transactions and engage the stakeholders in meeting targeted volumes and agreed timelines.
· Support functions – to ensure familiarity with appropriate structures and processes established to facilitate excellent customer service and not compromising risk associated with operations.
· Ensure to maintain closer relationships with the custodians of key financial & customer data within the finance, data analytics and credit Departments of Fidelity Bank.
· Maintain relationships with other competitor banks and personnel from the Central Bank to facilitate easy sourcing of information.
· Follow-up on Corporate Ghana for up-to-date information, market trends to structure and support the CB in steering the bank along with new developments in the industry.
· Support SBUs within the CB in the preparation of their strategy, budget and in the pursuance of agreed KPIs.