Posted on :
14 Jun, 2016
14 Jun, 2016
Our company is a Non-Bank Financial Institution (NBFI) and a subsidiary of a multinational company. The Company has vacancies for highly motivated individuals with high integrity and a passion to succeed for hiring as
Job Title: Operations Supervisor
Reports To: Deposits and Operations Manager
Location – Head Office, Accra
Purpose of the Job
• Oversee all head office operational support functions including administrative, HR, financial and technical support to branches on issues relating to the core banking application.
• Develop and supervise a system to support branch users of the MIS
• Liaise with IT to ensure that MIS downtimes are resolved with reasonable times.
• Oversee the smooth running of the day in all branches
• oversee the smooth running of “end of month” (EOM) in the MIS together with associated processes
• Liaise with IT to ensure proper user management and user access rights management
• Ensure that cash levels as shown in the CBA, reflect the reality in all branches
• Supervise the proper reconciliation of POS operations and core banking system
• Ensure that fixed deposit requests are executed in the CBA, tracking maturity periods and advising branches on customer follow ups
• Approve fixed deposit requests in the CBA after signed off by deposits manager
• Ensure that ATM transactions are properly reconciled on a daily basis
• Ensure that a reliable and up to date User access management system is in place at all times
• Develop a framework for reporting on activities of the business on a weekly, monthly and annual basis
• Provide periodic operational reports on deposit and loan activity to management and branches
• Ensure that inputs for various reports issued by departmental managers are provided on time.
• Provide reports on activities on various electronic platforms of the business (ATM operations, POS operations etc.)
• Develop a framework to manage stock levels and distribution across the business
• Liaise with admin department on the logistical needs of the business
• Manage the petty cash system of the business, ensuring the head office and branches are adequately and timeously resourced to operate.
• Liaise with branches and management to build a consolidated leave management system.
• Liaise with the HR department on various labour related correspondence.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A University Degree in Banking and Finance or a related field. Accountancy and banking qualifications are an added advantage.
Knowledge and Experience
• Organized, with keen attention to detail; Skilled in computer software usage;
• At least 4 years’ experience in the operations function in a financial Institution; two (2) of which should be at the supervisory level
• Competencies Required (Skills & Abilities)
• Strong interpersonal skills; Good Analytical Skills
• Communication Skills, Training and Mentoring Skills
• Ability to deliver business goals; Ability to monitor and assess achievements against performance targets, quality standards and services agreements that aligns with business plan;
• Skills in organizing, scheduling and administration of the paperwork;
• Oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and
• Persuasively, write reports and correspondence, and speak clearly to third parties and employees;
• Ability to interpret documents and understand credit and lending administration procedures;
• Ability to consolidate and prepare operational reports; Intermediate skills in personal computer operation and Result oriented
How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants should apply by e-mail their CVs and cover letters details to:-
Closing Date: 16 June, 2016
Only short listed applicants will be contacted.