A reputable financial institution requires the services of young and dynamic individual for its Banking Applications Analyst role. The role reports to the Head of IT. The ideal the candidate will be responsible for the following:
Job Title: Banking Applications Analyst
- Develop procedure manual for managing and maintaining Banking Applications systems for approval. (Emerge/R06, ACCPAC, Payroll, Vintage Analysis, Upstream, CRB reports, R06 Backups and Archives)
- Provide required reports for CRB, Vintage and Upstream on a monthly basis
- Perform Post COB Checks each day after EOD before business operations begin for the day and confirm readiness
- Ensure Availability of adequate space on all partitions of T24 Backup and T24 Test servers on a daily basis
- Implement approved system changes/modifications as per agreed change management procedure and schedule
- Remove resigned and exited staff from banking applications systems’ on a weekly basis.
- Maintain records of R06 database and SQL backups at DR site, conduct recovery and periodic testing of backups
- Ensure availability and reliability of all Test environments for T24 and SQL databases servers on a daily basis
- Submit activity progress for review on a weekly basis with Head of IT
- Responsible for timely uploading and feedback of Salary files into T24
- Provide technical assistance to users who need help implementing technical solutions.
- Provide training and training materials for Systems Administrators on a train the trainer approach to enable them support users
- Provide application performance tuning support for efficient and continuous operations on all banking applications systems.
- Provide ongoing support of end users through troubleshooting and problem solving of assigned helpdesk tickets.
- Update Workdesk and Helpdesk Tickets on Footprints relating to consultants with current status every day
- Train end users utilizing the business system when new releases of the software are installed
- Lead the implementation and testing procedures to ensure that newly released software produces the expected results
- Monitor key reports produced by the system to ensure accurate system operations.
- Provide relevant management reports on a monthly basis highlighting risks and capacity issues identified
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
- Four (4) years experience in a similar role
- An understanding of ITIL version 3 standard or a similar standard
- An extensive understanding of the banking operations environment and database systems
OTHER QUALITIES AND REQUIREMENTS
- Expert understanding of banking applications and banking operations in the micro-finance industry
- Strong technological background, including expert understanding of programming and database management technologies
- Experience with information communication technology, including online portals, intranets, collaborative workspaces and/or other internet-based knowledge management tools
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented and collaborative environment
- Excellent organizational, project management, communication and time management skills
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail
How to Apply
Submit your CV to [email protected]
Closing Date : 15th July, 2019