Posted on :
6 Mar, 2019
6 Mar, 2019
Ensures the instrumentation and analyser equipment on metering skids are maintained and in a safe working condition, operated within the design parameters.
Job Title: Metering Technician
Resolves metering problems and handle the troubleshooting.
Responsible for ensuring the metering data manual is up−to−date and accurate.
Must be quality conscious and deliver technically sound results without incident.
* Before work scope starts:
* Controls the quality, quantity and location of spare parts received on board. Must refer to Instrumentation Supervisor if any problem arises with spare parts (quality, quantity, etc.).
* Prepares the tools, specific tools, materials, recovers the work procedure and Permit to Work from Instrument Supervisor.
* Discusses with Supervisor about the activity in terms of safety, maintenance tasks, spare parts, technicians, execution time. If required, the Metering Specialist must ask explanation, details or information to his/her Supervisor to avoid any misunderstanding.
* Reads and follows the maintenance procedure(s) that relate to the job. Explains the activity to the shift (Tools Box meeting).
* During the scope of work:
* Ensures that the maintenance tasks mentioned in the maintenance procedure are performed in the right way by the Instrumentation shift.
* Highlights any anomaly, failure, deviation and report directly to his/her Supervisor.
* After the scope of work:
* Ensures all the tasks have been well performed.
* Controls all the metering elements and ensures everything is in a position whereby it is ready for correct operation.
* Participates to restart the equipment or installation in coordination with Production Department and Maintenance Supervisors (M/E)
* Participates at the commissioning of the new or modified installation.
* Able to establish a clear diagnostic on site, report to Supervisor and set up a corrective action.
* Participates in the failure root cause investigation of equipment.
* Participates in a coordinated Nationalisation and on the job training program.
* Opens the daily Permit to Work related to Instrumentation activities.
* Responsible to identify the inhibit required following the Permit to Work System.
* Participates on the maintenance activities on all metering skid instrumentation and be able to host external vendors relating to the skids.
* Executes planned preventive and corrective maintenance routines as scheduled.
* Controls the quality of the maintenance operation performed by his/her shift on site.
* Assist in ensuring that the Instrumentation workshop is clear, clean and tools are on dedicated place.
* 10 to 15 years’ experience in Oil and Gas.
* Previous experience in a similar role or leading an instrumentation team (expat/local).
* Proven experience in maintenance of Metering equipment, proven record of ability to calibrate instrumentation associated with Metering Systems.
* Knowledge and understanding of standards, codes, specifications and statutory requirements associated with design and operation of Fiscal and Custody Transfer Metering systems. Ability to write and communicate reports and prepare test calibration results.
* Able to test, troubleshoot and maintain pneumatic process production safety systems and control devices.
* Must be fully competent in the application and use of instrumentation device such as: voltmeter, amp meter, calculator, DC generator, current generator, hand tube bender.
* Able to understand, interpret the different control parameters on HMI console/ Local automation package.
* Able to understand the Process of Production (FPSO).
* An understanding of the technical issues involved in the processing of natural gas and crude oil.
* Able to dismantle, reassemble, calibrate and test an Instrument device in function of the Process Parameter.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* High school / technical college diploma
* Instrumentation Technician certificate.
* Recognised expert in metering instrumentation and working in Compliance with the following standards ISO5167 & BS1042 fluid flow measurement.
* ISO6976 calculation of calorific value, density and relative density. Department of Energy metering standards for gaseous and liquid petroleum measurement
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft’s services.
Fircroft is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner as required under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679. Fircroft will only process your personal data for the specific purposes of managing your application.