Posted on :
6 Mar, 2019
6 Mar, 2019
Provides daily and ongoing Metering engineering onshore support to the Ghana Facility Operations. The Ghana Metering Engineer role is to complete the Metering engineering discipline inputs as applicable to all Management of Change or specifically acting as Technical focal point for day-to-day Metering equipment issues & support for work activities specifically related to the FPSO operations.
Job Title: Metering Engineer
* Provides Engineering support to achieve and maintain the technical and performance integrity of the FPSO Facility.
* Dispensation/deviation processing – Raise dispensation request for occurrences when operation is necessary out with contractual or regulatory compliance. Will work with relevant governmental bodies to request a formal dispensation based on information from the assets and mitigating measures. Will inform Technical Authority (TA) about granted dispensations and maintain a register of dispensations. Inform Technical Authority (TA) if the situation of the granted dispensation is resolved and operation modus is back in normal status.
* Calibration performance review – Analyze calibration data for improvement to the year plan and to detect a mismeasurement. Based on calibration results the level of maintenance and/or the frequency can be adjusted.
* Identify, review, and approve any QA/QC requirements for the Facility’s equipment and packages that relate to the Metering components of all management of change engineering change request work scopes.
* A proven track record of working on liquid and gas flow measurement systems and a good working knowledge of their principles of operation.
* Recognition in industry as an Oil and Gas measurement practitioner.
* Knowledge of the maintenance management system, preferably MAXIMO.
* Experience with a major oil and gas company.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Degree and significant experience in measurement or HNC / HND and very significant experience in measurement
* 10 years’ experience in the hydrocarbon or offshore oil & gas industry desirably with Floating Production facilities.
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft’s services.
Fircroft is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner as required under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679. Fircroft will only process your personal data for the specific purposes of managing your application.