Posted on :
2 Jul, 2018
2 Jul, 2018
The Senior Drilling Engineer Operations is responsible for providing overall drilling engineering support to the operation. This role will work for the Rig Supervisor with guidance from the Drilling Engineering Supervisor to ensure well integrity and a high level of operational efficiency is obtained and maintained.
Job Title: Senior Drilling Engineer Operations
• Responsible for drilling engineering support to the operation.
• Ensures EHS requirements are integral to all aspects of operational programmes and rig operational activities.
• Contribute to delivering operational EHS performance.
• Familiarization with company standards and procedures and government regulations and requirements.
• Ensures that all drilling activities comply with company standards and governmental regulations.
• Provides well engineering delivery objectives as necessary.
• Provide input into the specification of drilling equipment and services in accordance with company procedures.
• Ensures that all work within the area of responsibility is adequately documented and lessons learned are captured for the benefit of future Company operations worldwide.
• Ensure well material and service providers comply with specified quality assurance requirements.
• Liaise with Well Engineering Group, London and sub-surface personnel to ensure reservoir requirements are delivered.
• Build effective relationships and interact professionally with internal/external stakeholders and service companies.
• Ensures EHS is inherent in all programming and well designs
• Ensures EHS is at the highest priority in all elements of programme delivery
• Deliver the Company EHS message during any rig or site visit
2. Continuous Improvement
• Ensures continuous improvement and Lessons Learnt are captured in the Drilling Operations Programmes and documentation
• Identifies performance improvement opportunities
3. Operational Support
• Provide on-time well engineering services which represent company standards and procedures and/or best industry practice
• Provide technical expertise in drilling operations including the design, execution, and post job analysis as needed.
• Plan future wells and ensuring required materials and services are available in country and allocated as required.
• Generate Outline and Detailed Drilling Programmes on a well by well basis.
• Close out rig generated actions and queries in relation to well engineering and supplier/contractor relations to support the operation including FIR’s.
• Prepare Final Well Reports on a well by well basis.
• Maintain the Lessons Learned database.
• Liaise and verify vendors’ well specific programmes (e.g. drilling fluids, directional plans, cement programmes, etc.)
• Issue all programmes to the required recipients, including the drilling rig personnel.
• Facilitate pre-spud meetings
• QA/QC Wellview DDR data quality.
• Conduct specialist projects from time to time as requested by the DES including optimisation and/or reduction in well cost.
• Work with Service Providers to develop training for the Staff and for the rig crews.
• Build effective relationships with internal stakeholders, service companies.
• Mentor and develop staff (ie expat and Ghanaian)
5. Risk Management
• Perform well/operations hazard assessments and HAZOPs as required.
• Maintain well risk register.
• Ensure engineering mitigations are implemented.
• Develop well cost estimates for AFE compilation
• Maintain cost control records and Cost Reports as required.
• QA/QC well cost reconciliations.
Our Client is one of the largest independent oil and gas exploration and production companies in Europe.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• A University degree in an engineering discipline, preferably in mechanical or petroleum engineering.
• Fluent in English both written and spoken.
• Interpersonal skills necessary to establish good working relationships with team.
• High proficiency with IT and industry software including
Ø MS Suite
• Valid well control certificate
• Valid survival certification
• Proven experience as a drilling engineer with operating companies.
• Subsea drilling and completions experience in deep water or ultra-deep water.
• Knowledge of subsea completions preferably including running of intelligent completions, subsea well testing, and subsea tree / landing string systems.
• Work experience in remote locations.