Posted on :
6 Mar, 2019
6 Mar, 2019
Provides daily and ongoing electrical engineering support to the Ghana Facility Operations.
The Ghana Electrical Engineer’s role is to assist to complete the Electrical engineering discipline inputs as applicable to all O&M activities and for Management of Change or specific maintenance production work activities specifically related to the FPSO operations.
Job Title: Electrical Engineer
* As directed, provides Electrical Engineering support to achieve and maintain the technical and performance integrity of the FPSO Facility. Assist to ensure the technical and operational integrity of all electrical offshore oil and gas equipment including (but not limited to); LV Motors, HV Motors, switchgear, alternators, Ex-rated equipment (maintaining certification), electrical protection equipment, UPS and battery systems.
* Provides electrical engineering support to the FPSO technicians, engineers and managers. Strong troubleshooting & knowledge with HV/LV electrical systems and power control is desirable, specifically for O&M requirements of HV/LV electrical systems and power control and/or components to required specifications, focusing on economy, safety, reliability, quality and sustainability.
* Analyses and reports findings on the performance monitoring activities related specifically to Electrical & power management operational issues & troubleshooting. Identifies any areas of concern and provides recommendations to the operations team for resolution.
* Provides ongoing progress reports to the Senior Electrical Engineer with respect to the electrical change request work activities and any identified issues.
* 5 years’ experience in the hydrocarbon or offshore oil & gas industry desirably with Floating Production facilities.
* Formal qualification in Ex/HAEE hazardous Area Rated Electrical Equipment.
* Knowledge of the maintenance management system Maximo or other CMMS
* Generator systems, PLC’s, Power Management, & Synchronising facilities.
* Protection systems of Electrical Equipment and Power Generation.
* CAP 437 lighting systems & requirements.
* Switchgear, transformers, cabling requirements, Circuit breakers, Emergency Systems, UPS systems.
* Interactions between Electrical Systems and Process Control & Shutdown, Safety Instrumentation Systems, Emergency Shutdown Systems, SIFs/SIL-rated devices.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical engineering or equivalent.
Highly desirable experienced Electrical Engineer or Electrical Technician, with experience on offshore facilities or process facilities with HV/LV systems, UPS, Motors and Power Generation systems.
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft’s services.
Fircroft is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner as required under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679. Fircroft will only process your personal data for the specific purposes of managing your application.