At First Recruitment we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That’s why our consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
This is a superb opportunity for anyone looking to work for a reputable organisation.
Job Title: Subsea Supervisor
- Provides Company Representation and Supervision on worksite for subsea operations and is accountable for the subsea implementation of programme in a safe and efficient manner. Has accountability for timing and costs and to ensure as little operational or production downtime as possible is incurred.
- Responsible for subsea design and operational planning in Ghana Deepwater (Tano Deep and West Cape Three Points blocks).
- Ensures EHS requirements are integral to all aspects of subsea activities.
- Contribute to delivering operational EHS performance.
- Lead by example during rig visits and foster a solid EHS culture.
- Ensures that all subsea activities comply with company standards and governmental regulations.
- Provides subsea input to team and well engineering delivery objectives as necessary.
- Responsible for the specification of subsea related equipment and services in accordance with company procedures.
- Ensures that all work within the area of responsibility is adequately documented and lessons learned are captured for the benefit of future operations worldwide.
- Ensure well material and service providers comply with specified quality assurance requirements.
- Build effective relationships and interact professionally with internal/external stakeholders and service companies.
- Assist in the management of the service contracts and contractor performance process.
- Provide on-time well engineering services which represent best industry practice.
- Ensures continuous improvement and Lessons Learnt are captured with respect to activities on the rig and in Takoradi (when onshore).
- Subsea performance/efficiency improvement – identifies performance improvement initiatives.
- Provide subsea engineering support for the site implementation of the program.
- Provides assistance to prepare the rig for upcoming completions and subsea activities
- Provides input into work instructions.
- Participates in with rig based After Action Reviews.
- Responsible for supervising all subsea related operations.
- Supervises all subsea service companies involved with completion, testing and well services operations.
- Supervises vessel related activities such as HXT deployment.
- Ensure equipment and service providers comply with specified quality assurance requirements.
- Ensure safe working practices, which comply with contractor and Policies and procedures during operations
- During Subsea activities lead pre-shift & pre-major operation toolbox talks / JSA’s.
- During Subsea activities lead on-site risk assessments necessitated by changes to program and/or non-standard operations.
- Signs off subsea related Programme Hazard Assessments as job progresses.
- Ensures HSEC requirements are met as in:-
- Pre-job safety meetings
- Weekly safety meetings
- Toolbox talks during work programme as required
- Audits of equipment, personnel, worksite Risk Assessment, COSHH etc, Accident and Incident
- Investigation and Reporting.
- When onshore the SSup will assist the SCE (Tak) with the Operational Support Responsibilities detailed in the SCE (Tak) job description.
- Interface for facility installation and FMC/Expro subsea contracts.
- Responsible for any subsea SIT planning and supervision
- Participates in well and operations hazard assessments and HAZOPs.
- Participates in compiling well risk register and well barrier review.
- Approves offshore contractor service ticket records for subsea services.
- Good supervisory/management and interpersonal skills.
- Good technical/operational understanding of well servicing, completions and drilling.
- Safety management system understanding and implementation skills.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to establish good working relationships with team.
- Fluent in English both written and spoken.
- High proficiency with IT and industry software (i.e. MS Suite, etc).
- Valid offshore survival certification.
- Good communication skills keeping direct supervisors informed when working on stand-alone units (tree installation vessel)
- Experience as a subsea supervisor with operating companies.
- Subsea completions experience within the last two years in water depths greater than 800 metres.
- Preference of knowledge and experience in design and running of horizontal tress, working in remote locations and working in West Africa.
- Offshore well servicing background.
- Field experience in Core Discipline.
- Offshore well servicing supervisory position.
- Must be able to work without direct supervision when deployed to stand-alone operations (tree installation vessel)